Time: 1:10

Teddy

"Well that was different," I say, as we sit on a rooftop having a snack of fish and chips and looking through night vision goggles.

"Those are Metion's guys."

"And they just arrested the dude who was with him---so they weren't supposed to be out?" I guess.

"Maybe that's why they were acting so oddly with us," Pippa says.

"If we're springing him, I'd rather wait and do more surveillance but—,"

"But I fly out in the morning. Poor boy—,"

"He's probably older than you—,"

"He was sweet, and in your stories of him he was kind and he died or nearly died saving you."

"Well, if he'd died he wouldn't be here. Why are you staring at me like that?" I ask.

"Issues and things, my dad was telling me about. The dead have been—known to come back to life now and again," Pippa says.

"Oh have they????"

"What? Did you make a video about it? Don't look at me like that. I am not an auditory learner--,"

"Whatever, I'll just download a transcpirt of my latest twenty theories to your phone for the plane flight and you can confirm or deny it's fine," I say, annoyed.

"Sorry! Yes okay that has---happened. But people are trying to get it to stop," she says.

"They would be, all right, Vik is clearly in danger," I sigh.

"Yeah, that definitely was not a good situation," she says.

"All right. Let's go get him out then?" I ask.

"Yeah, I can, you wait with Lee he needs to get used to you carrying him," she says, "I can do it alone, or Aster can—,"

"Aster is staying home tonight. Viktor is not going to react well to seeing him," I sigh.

"Oh right," she winces, "I forget how you met Aster yeah um---all right let's go get Viktor out."

"Can you by yourself?"

"You doubt me?" she grins.

"Let's get going then. We're on foot and Metion's tower is an hour away at best."