Time: 21:15

Trevor

"I think I've got it, using just the magic I have from my potions I can reveal any spell cast on all of London," Circe says, leaning over her books excitedly. She's been having an excellent time. Apparently she hadn't read some of these books in years.

"Brilliant," I say, closing the one I was looking at. I've been slightly helpful at least finding certain pages for her, "I'm guessing we should go to a public park or something?"

"Probably," she says, still frowning at her work. I take a moment to silence my phone from my parent's many missed messages, including but not limited my father's entire stranger-danger lecture that he thinks I, a twenty nine year old, need to have in order to be out after nine at night.

I jump when a chair slams down at our table.

"Hi, Dara," I say, slowly, lowering my phone, as she sits down in the chair backward and stares between us. "This is---"

"I know EXACTLY who this is," Dara says, glaring at Circe.

"Okay, good. Nice. Circe this is—"

"I know EXACTLY who she is," Circe, not at all happy.

"Right cool, and you both know who I am good—"

"What are you doing here?" Dara asks, flatly.

"Nothing," Circe growls.

"Looks like something," Dara says, glaring at our books.

"She's helping me out, we're doing research," I say.

"I am NOT talking to you, Trevor."

"Right, okay," I nod.

"I'm not doing anything. My father is letting me back in civilization on a trial run and I just want to blend in that's all," Circe says.

"It had better be," Dara says, standing up, then she does address me, "Why did your father text me he'd lost you---?"

"Because he's dramatic?"

"—and then I find you with a witch?" Dara asks.

"Because I can be where I like. I appreciate the concern, but we are just helping Axel with something. Something is off about magic tonight," I say.

"Yeah. The veil is closed until sunrise. Something the locals are doing I'm not involved and I recommend you don't be either. Surely you can save dark deeds until it opens again in what—twelve hours?" Dara asks.

"I wasn't trying to do anything," Circe says, looking down.

"Thank you Dara, we are quite well," I say, sighing a bit.

"You'd better be. I'm watching you," Dara says, to Circe. Then she does walk away.

"Sorry about her," I say.

"Not our first run in," Circe says, shrugging.

"Even so," I say

"Do we believe her that the veil is just closed tonight?" she asks.

"Me? I don't believe anything," I say, "Do you?"

"I still think we should check," she nods, "If you still want to?"

"Yeah, let's go to Greenwich park, it's beautiful this time of night anyway, no people there."

"Do you regularly spend your nights illegally entering libraries and reading old books and going to empty parks?" she asks, almost smiling again.

"Only if I can manage," I say, smiling conspiratorially, "Let's go. Wouldn't put it past her to tell my parents where I am or just call the police."