Time: 0:02

Viktor

"What was that for?" I ask, once we are out of earshot. "I do remember him. Teddy is my friend---he tried to help me get out of the labyrinth."

"I know I know, I know exactly who he is. He does conspiracy theories and when the cops don't listen to his tips, he tracks down whoever his theory is about and proves it himself. Not only is he bat-shit crazy with no regard for his own life, but he's also dangerous as hell. That dagger on his hip is an enchanted object," Evans growls.

"He wouldn't have hurt me, he's my friend I just said he's just a bit weird," I say, suddenly possessive of the only thing I have from my former life. "He could help he's not got a bad—,"

"He's constantly, I mean constantly, on our lists. He has some sort of monster that lives with him —anyone who has tried to go after them disappears," Evans says, picking up our pace.

"He is?" Teddy? The sixteen year old who tripped over his own two feet and couldn't clip his own repel line? "What---what do you mean monster?"

"I don't know, it turns invisible. And there's this high pitched noise it makes—,"

"You have to be joking—no the monster was trying to eat him."

"I don't know, maybe he has it on a chain in his basement, but he has it, we've lost good men going after him," Evans says.

"Are you sure?" he didn't say what happened. How could he have caught it? "He's still not bad—,"

"Vik, when did you last know this guy?"

"A few days---a long time ago," I sigh.

"Right. And I would love for you to be right and he's in our court but it's fucking midnight and the whole city is already looking for us."

"He was out with his wife and kid," I say, quietly. His wife. As in we're both old enough to be married. And he has a child now. That much time has passed.

"That girl with him? That is not his wife, didn't you see what she was wearing?"

"A decent cosplay of Snake from Metal Gear Solid?" I ask, hopefully.

"The emblem on her jacket----she's a freedom fighter."

"What does that mean?" I ask.

"There's this---okay from our perspective it's a terrorist---group that goes all over the world. Nobody knows where they go or come from, but they show up, usually in warzones, but individuals will go other places—their thing is liberating women. They don't abide by any countries laws if they see a fight or a group that's harming women or children or whatever like that? They fucking annihilate them. We have to do entire course on those ladies, and the gist of it is that they're fucking insane and if we see one we should run because if you see them then that's because you're their target," Evan says, clearly afraid, glancing over his shoulder, "She saw us; it's probably too late already."

"She had the kid," I point out.

"Did that kid honestly look like either of them?"

"Oh. No," now that he says that the baby did not.

"I'm sure that was a line, if he's working with her---I don't know. But I do know those women do not marry," Evans says, "If we're lucky they rescued that baby from someplace."

"And aren't after us," I say. My father isn't popular. With anyone.

"Exactly, let's hope it was a coincidence and he did just recognize you."

"Yes," so Teddy's a terrorist now? That's what happened to us? I died, he became a terrorist? What became of Ariadne he mentioned her, but is she well? I wanted to ask him. But if what he was saying wasn't true--? And they were following us to begin with. I pick up my pace. I just want tonight to be over.

Teddy

"Well that was weird," Pippa says.

"Yeah, I didn't like that all. If I did not impress enough his father is very different. That was probably his handler," I say, taking Lee back so we can be ready for action.

"No, Metion is on our radar," Pippa says.

"I'm worried about Viktor, he's being kept prisoner if he never saw any of Ariadne's and my attempts to find him we put it all over the internet, and that guy was clearly controlling him," I say.

"Definitely, he didn't introduce him either," Pippa says, "Let's follow them."

"Agreed, something odd is going on," I say. I'm half thrilled he lived, half very very worried. What on earth has he been doing all these years? And who was that guy with him? And what are they doing walking around London after midnight?

Penelope

"Well, they're gone. What a surprise," I'm not surprised.

"Yeah, poison arrows gone to waste," Omar says, clearly disappointed.

"And I don't get to watch you shoot anything," I say, as we drag the last bound and gagged man into the elevator. "Shame."

"Doesn't look they left under duress. I don't like the boy with his grandmother, though."

"Nor do I. But I like Trevor home alone less with the night going the way it is," I point out.

"Right, let's get back. The fellows will keep," he says, disabling the lift so they're trapped in there. "We can call Red on the way. Doubt he'll answer."

"I texted him and he's not, which means he's making pour decisions."

"Lovely."