To the Hob Lands!... again | Chapter 8

They start to walk away from the castle and walk back through the town, the ice Lucas had previously put had melted as it was too thin to stay there. They walk through the puddle and get to the boat where Millard was waiting, he lowers the plank and they climb abroad.

Millard: Ye be welcome aft! 'ope ye enjoyed lookin' around! next avast be the 'ob lands but will take a while to get there as it be on the other side o' the lake, so get comfortable!

Millard lifts the board back up and they set sail for the hob lands. Kris just stands up looking at the river while the others discuss what to do as they were still worried about what Kris said.

Toriel: We should talk about what Kris said earlier.

Susie: Yeah, it was very weird what Kris said, save points, resetting, sounds like they were talking about a video game.

Ralsei: But they also said about aging 100 years and waiting for us, like they have already done this.

Toriel: Yeah that was the strangest part, and the way they talked to that man they stabbed, almost like they expected him to be there. I just wish I could help.

Ralsei: We all do, but maybe something will give us a clue to help them.

They continued talking and Kris then noticed something in the water, they take their sword and lifted it out of the water. It was a message in a bottle, they took the note out and read it to themselves.

Kris: "Come see me... behind the fire throne... throw the note in the water to agree... and if you do come... then I can set you free"

Kris considers the offer, but after 5 minutes of staring at it, they rip it up with their sword. They don't know why they did that, but felt a huge weight being lifted off their chest and they could finally breathe again. They did a big sigh of relief and put all of the shreds of paper into their pocket, they then decided to wash their sword in the water as it was still covered in blood.

Their stomach then growled as they hadn't eaten anything since last night, but they could see the hob lands in the distance so they weren't that worried. Ralsei then walked over to them and stood next to them.

Ralsei: Kris? Was all of that, earlier, true?

Kris:... Would I lie about that?

Ralsei: Well it's not that I don't believe you, but all of that, sounds really strange, I just want you to know I'm worried about you, are you sure you're ok?

Kris:... I'm fine... (for now)

Ralsei: I care about you, and if all of what you said was true, then I wish I could help you, but I sadly don't know anything about what you said.

Kris... Thank you...

Ralsei: For what?

Kris... Being you...

Kris then hugged Ralsei and shed a single tear, Ralsei blushed and hugged back.

Ralsei: Thank you Kris, that really means a lot to me.

Kris: Don't worry about it, we can talk about it later.

Ralsei: O-Oh, ok!

Millard: Land ho!

They had arrived at the hob lands and Millard attached his boat to the dock they landed at. He lowered the board and all of them walked off, and all of them were hungry.

Susie: Man, i'm hungry.

Ralsei: I think we all are, is there anywhere to eat around here Millard?

Millard: There be! there's the fish an' chip shop, the Grill, an' Dfc.

Susie: DFC?

Millard: Darkner fried chicken.

Susie: Got it.

Millard walks off towards the fish and chip shop as it was already lunch time, they decide to go to DFC. (hopefully that doesn't mean anything bad.)

They get their lunch and decide to eat outside as it was already hot enough so they might as well have some wind blowing over them to cool them down. They had their lunch while talking about random things and eventually they were done so they stood up and continued to walk around the town.

They then came up to a map that showed the whole kitchen and TV.

Ralsei: It's looks like you can only get to the fountain through the microwave.

Susie: We're in the kitchen? I guess that would explain why this place is so hot, how do we get to the microwave?

Ralsei: I think there's a path leading to it and some arrows pointing towards it.

They look around them and spot the arrows pointing to the path, they walk over and start to walk down the path, and after 5 minutes of walking they finally start to cool down as they were leaving the area of the hob lands.

Suddenly! An enemy pops out of nowhere!

The battle beings!

Kris uses ACT, they use flirt? It was the only option so they decided to use it.

Kris: Your eyes are so bright that they blind me.

The enemy then blushes and walks away, it seemed it only wanted to hear a compliment.

The battle ends?

Susie: Why'd it run away?

Ralsei: Maybe it just wanted to be flirted with?

Toriel: Since when could Kris flirt?

Susie: They're oddly good at it for some reason, but me and Ralsei suck when we do it.

Toriel: Kris? Is there something you're not telling me?

Kris: Just practicing...

Susie: For?

Kris: The right person.

Toriel: Aww Kris! Well when you do find the right person I hope it goes well!

Kris: Thanks...

They continue walking down the path after that random encounter. After walking for what had seemed to be hours, they finally get to the microwave but didn't know where to go next.

Susie: Now where do we go?

???: You 4? Yes! 4! What are you doing here?

Susie: Trying to get to the TV to seal the fountain? Who the hell are you?

Edward: I am Edward! The prince of this district! You want to get to the fountain?

Susie: Yes.

Edward: Well the train that would take you there has been destroyed.

Ralsei: Oh, well it's kind of important we get there, is there no any other way?

Edward: There is but it's very deadly, I'll only lead you down there if you want.

Susie: Well we need to seal the fountain and have no other choice.

Edward: Very well, follow me.

They follow Edward and he leads them to some stairs that were blocked off from everything else. He moves the things out of the way and warns them about the floor, but they had no other choice as they had to seal the fountain.