9 - You're Painful, Mitchy

Scott Hoying has received a journal entry comment.

I say you just confess to your friend. He probably has the same exact feelings as you do and you would never know a thing of it. If he didn't have feelings for you as well, I'm sure that your friendship history wouldn't be altered. You'd feel better for having confessed and you can recover from it. Once you have your answers, regardless of the outcome, you won't be so conflicted. Just tell him. He needs to hear it more than you know.

--

A month passed by and things went back to normal between Scott and Mitch. Mitch was beginning to accept Alex and Scott as a thing on the outside, but was still crumbling at the thought of it on the inside. Scott still had his feelings towards Mitch in his mind, but they wouldn't be brought to surface. The past month the band had dance practice for Papaoutai with Lindsey Stirling and were also in the process of recording Standing By, which was completed and ended up becoming a beautiful Avi Kaplan solo. It was finally the day of the music video recording. Everyone split up into their rooms to get changed and to work on make up. All had separate rooms except for Scott and Mitch, who were inseparable, even for dressing rooms.

"I know I like eccentric clothing, but this outfit is so disgusting." Mitch stuck his tongue out at what he had to put on.

"You're going to slay it." Scott chuckled. "The shirt isn't too bad if you wear it by itself... but those pants." Scott shuddered.

"The shirt isn't even cute. It makes my eyes hurt. You, on the other hand, are going to look fabulous. I might have to undress you before the video is over." Mitch walked behind Scott towards the sink and trailed his finger along the opening on his back from his wife beater.

"Stop it, whore. I can't handle it." I really can't. Scott bit his lip and watched Mitch in the reflection of the mirror go towards the sink and apply shaving cream to his face. Scott had noticed over the past month that Mitch had lost a bit of weight. He was finally gaining more confidence in himself. Mitch tore his t-shirt over his head and threw it back in the direction of the clothes he'd be wearing later.

"Damn. I have to shave my delicious beard. I was getting super scruffy, too." Mitch leaned closer to the mirror. "God, these eyebrows though. On fleek." He blew a kiss at himself in the mirror and began carefully shaving his beard to make it a very clean, doll-like cut.

Scott slowly pulled his wife beater off and couldn't keep his eyes off Mitch. He had read the response to his journal entry that morning and it got his gears grinding. He didn't want to ask Mitch point blank if he had feelings for him. He would never know if he did if he didn't try to press Mitch's buttons.

Snapping out of his trance, Scott walked over towards Mitch and intently watched him shave around his upper lip, getting his mustache perfect. "Will you do my eyebrows for me when you're done?"

"I'd be delighted to." Mitch smiled at Scott in the reflection. Once he was finished he bent himself over in the sink and rinsed his face off. "Let me moisturize first. Mommy's got to look good in her nasty clothes."

"Mommy has a nice beard." Scott smirked and found a randomly awkward moment to lift Mitch's chin up as he admired his beard trimming skills.

"Shut up." Mitch winked. "Now don't look at me until I moisturize. I look like the crypt keeper."

"I always hear people reference that. Let me look it up." Scott pulled his phone out of his back pocket and pulled up the first photo he could find while Mitch rubbed lotion into his face. Once Scott found the photo, his eyes widened. "Fuck!"

"Yeah, see the resemblance?" Mitch smirked.

"Not at all, babe. Don't sell yourself short like that." Scott came up behind Mitch and wrapped his arms around his bare waist and snuggled his chin in the crook of his neck.

"I was joking, Scotty." Mitch laughed. He enjoyed the small embrace. It was then that he noticed Scott was shirtless, and their skin touched.

"I sure hope so." Scott lifted his lips to Mitch's ear and breathed lightly. Mitch shuddered, remembering the moment he shared with Scott a month ago.

Scott Richard Hoying, what are you doing to me? Mitch arched his back against Scott. Scott couldn't help but smile. Scott pulled away slowly and Mitch reached for the tweezers in his bag and pulled Scott to his mirror. "Have a seat. My name is Miranda and I'll be plucking your caterpillar eyebrows, now, because they're not as perfect as mine." It was Mitch's turn to lift Scott's chin up. "These have GOT to go." He chuckled.

"They aren't that bad!" Scott glared at Mitch.

"No scrunching of the face!" Mitch tapped Scott's nose. "Speaking of Miranda, we need to do another video with her soon. I miss Colleen."

"I do, too!" Scott winced as Mitch tugged on an eyebrow hair without warning.

"Beauty is pain." Mitch got in super close to Scott's face and brushed his finger over Scott's left eyebrow.

"You're painful, Mitchy." Scott spoke in a deep voice. It was the deep voice that Mitch secretly loved. It wasn't such a secret to Scott, seeing as how Mitch responded. Mitch unconsciously bit his lip. That was something Mitch did to indicate he really liked something...

Okay, Scott. That's enough torture. You've got answers. Sort of. Do two reactions means he likes me? Should I do anything else? Scott remained silent as Mitch concentrated, plucking a few more stray hairs from his eyebrows. Moments later, Mitch slowly retracted his hand but remained the same distance from Scott, admiring his handiwork.

"You are going to slay the video with your eyebrows, bitch." Mitch winked. "When the fans fall at your feet, just remember who did your eyebrows."

"How could I forget?" Scott spoke in that familiar deep voice again. "Mitch..."

"Yeah, Scotty?" Mitch was practically about to fold into Scott and collapse into him on purpose just to get to be closer to him.

Scott leaned forward and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek, and leaned further as he wrapped his arms around Mitch's small waist and whispered an airy "thank you" in Mitch's ear.

Mitch found his hands around Scott's neck. He wanted so badly to pull Scott back towards his lips and kiss him. You're making this so hard on me, Hoying. Mitch was almost past his breaking point. He hadn't had a second to contemplate his next move when Scott pulled back and moved his lips very close to Mitch's.

"What are you doing, Scotty?" Mitch spoke in the breathiest voice.

"I don't know," Scott responded in an even breathier voice. "Is this okay?" He could feel the heat boiling up between them.

Mitch didn't respond. He simply closed the gap and barely grazed Scott's lip when a door slam startled them.