5 - Pinnochio, Your Nose is Growing

The entire dinner was full of laughter, stories, memories, jokes, and delicious chicken from six of the seven people surrounding the dinner table... all but Mitch. This makes no sense. Everyone but Kirstie seemed to carry on like he wasn't being his normal self. It had carried on too long to the point where Kirstie sent a quick text to Mitch below the table.

Kirstie: What's wrong?

Mitch: Nothing.

Kirstie: Pinnochio, your nose is growing.

Mitch: Ugh.

Mitch: I'll tell you later.

Kirstie: Is it Scott?

Mitch: LATER.

Kirstie: Okay... hiss...

Damn you, Kirstie. Mitch sighed and put his phone back in his lap and continued eating. He had to put a show on so no one would suspect his held up confusion and anger.

"So, Alex." Mitch cleared his throat before proceeding. "What do you do? Tell us about yourself."

"Oh." Alex was almost startled that Mitch had even spoken at all that night. "I work with Viacom as a Marketing Coordinator."

"Do you think you can hook me up with Ryan Seacrest?" Kirstie burst in a fit of giggles.

"Single for one day and she's already after Mr. Gorgeous. That's our girl." Esther held her hand up to Kirstie and they high-fived.

"He's off the market, or else you wouldn't be the only one trying to get with him," Alex chuckled. "But, Mitch, I'm pretty much a collaborator on any and every project there. I work with the social media aspect, and I'm an intern supervisor. I started out as an intern in September 2012. I feel like I've made a name for myself in this world now." He flashed a grin and revealed some lovely pearly whites. I hate him. He's like Mr. Perfect and Mr. Gorgeous all in one. No wonder Scott likes him. Ugh, at least he has good taste.

Kevin and Avi chimed in in discussion with Alex and Mitch gently bowed out on the conversation. He had to bite his tongue as much as possible so he wouldn't say some snide remark that would ruin any potential chance with Scott.

"So, how long have y'all been together?" Esther tapped her fork gently on her plate and made eyes towards Scott, who looked at Alex and lightly blushed. Mitch listened intently. He was curious of this next response because of Scott's flirtatious actions the night before. Talk about your mixed signals.

"Well, I'm not going to put a label on it... but recently." Alex looked at Scott and smiled, placing his hand on his leg under the table. Mitch suddenly wanted to punch Esther, but he couldn't. Esther was too sweet and probably clueless, like everyone else was (and should be) about Mitch having feelings for Scott.

"I love a budding romance." Esther sighed. "Avriel, when are you getting me a sister-in-law?"

"When you get me a brother-in-law." Avi laughed a bellowing laugh. "Enough talk about love."

Thank you, Avi. I'll be sure to write you a solo befitting of your fantastic voice. Mitch went off into his own little world again. He'd rub his foot gently against the side of Wyatt's head, who perched himself below Mitch's chair.

Dinner carried on through dessert, and everyone began to head home. Mitch grew talkative towards the end of the night when Pentatonix was discussed. "I'll bring an idea for a new song tomorrow. I want to hear what Ben thinks about it. I feel like it has some potential."

"Feel free to write my strings in it." Kevin laughed. Mitch was secretly jealous of Kevin. He was handsome, could sing like a god, had skills on the cello that could raise the dead, not to mention the fact that he could beat-box and still find room to breathe.