33.

We must prevail.

~|•

Fae Territory.

"Blinding fury!" Ember screamed as pure light shined from her like an atomic bomb set off, it destroyed the lower ghouls all around her creating a path for the fae to go through and get to safety. "Go now, hurry!" She yelled as they scurried off in the monsoon that had been conjured to downpour on them by the enemy. "My, my what a strong girl." A hiss came from the being in front of her and it didn't take any guess to know that she was a sibling to the soul eaters. "I don't want to fight, but if I must." Ember asserted as she shot up into the sky. "Sun dance!" She cast the spell as light beamed down on the soul eater she was facing, the soul eater, a girl screamed as her body was burned. "You'll pay for that!" She roared in returned as black smoke gathered in her palms and she shot it at Ember, the girl didnt have time for a spell so she released fire from her palms, when the two elements collided an explosion of force occurred clearing away the rain and destroying the ground the soul eater was on, Ember didn't stop there, she summoned her spear and lunged straight for the girl in a blur of speed. "Solar Devastation." She imbued her power in the spear and when she was close enough, she threw it and it impaled the soul eater instantly. "Detonate." She commanded and the spear indeed detonated like a bomb, tearing apart the soul eater, flesh and black blood smeared the ground and Ember, she wrung her hands trying to get it off her. "Disgusting." She complained just as more lower ghouls showed up, vines sprouted from the ground and caught them trapping them, then followed by fire which burned them out of existence. Kyren was the one who had done it and Ember was glad the girl had showed up when she did.

"Are they safe?" The witch asked and the fae leader nodded. "We can't keep holding them back, we need to amass a full on counter attack, everyone else is occupied with fighting these ghouls and we can't pin point their origin." Kyren explained making Ember groan, they needed to find the source of the lower ghouls and fast because their masters were now hunting aswell. "We need to find the source or else we're doomed." Ember uttered just as a blast of energy knocked everyone out or off their feet, her ears were ringing, and her head was spinning. "What the hell was that?" She questioned Kyren who was getting up to her feet. "I don't know, but whatever it was, I don't think it was good, look." The fae pointed toward the lower  ghouls who were getting stronger and multiplying, the soul eater Ember had blasted to bits was also reconstructing. "The hell."

Wolf Territory.

"Arakni." Allysa mumbled and her spell didn't work, the ground didn't move. "What did you do?" Allysa demanded looking at the man, who nolonger resembled the banshee she fell for. "I cut off your magic, only temporarily though, you see the spell was supposed to cut it off completely but thanks to Roman meddling, it's only for a short while, however I did increase the regeneration and multiplication of the lower ghouls, meaning now they can hunt more in the time you're incapacitated." Kaden explained as he looked at Allysa proudly, but when Roman took a closer look, there was regret in his eyes, and guilt, he had fallen for the witch and now he had regret. "I have to feed, my power wanes and mother calls." Kaden stated as he vanished im a puff of black smoke. "I hate that ghoul." Allysa hissed as she tried to use her magic, luckily everyone was in the barrier protected.

"By the sacred flame I burn away my curse." Roman mumbled as golden flames flared to life all over his body destroying Kaden's magic. "Dismantle." It was as if the words had been said out loud but they had been said in their heads by Allen, and they all felt a rush of power flow into them, Kaden had underestimated them by a long margin. Marc appeared from his green almost black portal, stone cold face, he was pissed, as he was about to speak the barrier Marc had created was littered with glyphs and symbols, each representing a power of its own. "Grow weak, and break, dismantle." Allen ordered and by his power everyone protected by the barrier was freed from the magic holding their power at bay. "Allen is busy with the vampires, after he's done, we need to figure out what to do." Marc asserted and they all knew he was right, they could keep defending themselves, that would work out aswell  but if the strongest one was at full power, it would and could mean trouble for them aswell, could they take that risk.