32.

When they need us, they will hunt us, when they shun us, they burn our names from history itself.

~|•

The council Gathering.

"Oh Ember, if I didn't want to kill you before, I want to do it now." Thalia hissed as lightning flickered off her in threatening flashes. "Please, I summoned you here so we could talk, all of us know that we can't face the threat out there without the help from each other, we have peace once again, and those things out there are threatening our peace, we need to unite and fight together." The girl argued as the others in the room nodded in agreement. All the next in lines of the mystic community were in the council room, along with representatives of independent families, who wished to live without the rules of clan leaders, it also made them easy pickings for whatever threat there was, so it was wise sticking to a united front that Ember was proposing. "You have all of them here, they can fight." Roman argued as they were led to open seats, Marc was the first to sit, as Roman sat next to him, Allen followed, then Thalia, Amon had to take the vampire seat as did Lex with the wolves so that they were recognized.

"True, but we don't have enough power, and supplies, this could turn into a full scale war, and we don't know if all our resources can handle that, we need help, from the wolves, and the vampires." Kyren the fae leader spoke her long grey and blueish hair accentuated by the light. "My wolves will not be part of this, mystics always put wolves to the forefront of fighting battles, and when we need help you turn a blind eye." Lex stated his voice dominating every part of the council. "Then what do we do, are your wolves so protected in the barrier you've created for them, a safe haven for only wolves, isn't that a bit selfish Lex." Briar the banshee stated with a questioning brow and Lex growled his eyes flashing crimson. "No its not, my wolves are protected without question, and who I chose to be kept safe in that haven is my damned decision, there is no selfishness in that, its not as if we didn't ask the banshees to help us with a cure when the rogue kanima attacked us, and you barely paid us any mind, you've never cared about us, why pretend now." Lex drawled as his fist was clenched. "The wolves won't be joining this war." He finally stated his decision and Ember rose up in anger.

"Put away your pride wolf, we've all done some pretty shitty things to each other, that doesn't mean when we truly need help you turn us away, that's not the wolf way!" Ember snapped as her power spiked in the room. "Of course you would try and use that, I'd advise you to fall back Ember, your spear is dangerously close to my mate, I wouldn't want to cut your arm off for threatening him." Roman spoke gently but everyone could feel it, his magic had now overtaken the room, it burned at their very souls. Ember realized that indeed her spear was threatening Lex and she pulled it back, vanishing into little lights. "I'm sorry but as you can see he's being stubborn, we need help, and you Roman must understand out of all of us, what this means, you have the power to kill them, be rid of them once and for all but you stand by and watch." Ember stated waiting for Roman to reply, but the witch snickered. "You think this is funny." A vampire from an independent house called out and Roman's eyes turned to catslits. "Not in any way, but I won't stand to hear a girl who knows nothing about what my life has been since she's been gone, to accuse of not doing my part, when your brother turned all our lives miserable, who finally put an end to him, I did, when your brother tried to harness my best friend's life in exchange for his mates who stopped him, I did, so girl, don't mind me when I'm not self sacrificial with a bloody bleeding heart for idiocy." The witch snapped back and everyone was silent, Roman was right, they had all seen the light of a new day because of him.