27.

Hold my heart, keep it safe, protect it with your life.

Allysa.

"So what do you like besides sipping on tea in the afternoon?" Kay asked making Allysa smile, she was really trying not to fall for his accent, Goddess her name sounded so nice on his tongue. "I like shopping, making art, sculpting being my favourite, sports, and tutoring my beauty classes with Roman and Thalia." She explained making sure her lips were hidden behind her cup. "That's interesting, I've never had a particular thing that I liked, you could say I've been hidden away from the world so much so that I barely know what to do with myself." He asserted making her frown. "Overprotective parents?" She questioned and he nodded with a chuckle. "The world changed well our world changed when we had to leave our previous home, when we settled elsewhere, the protective tendencies went into hyper drive and all I could do was watch the world go by, now, I have a bit of freedom, no longer just watching but enjoying too." He added looking at Allysa with kind eyes that gleamed with a promise of mischief and love.

"I'm happy for you." The witch stated as she looked at Kay differently. "I have to be honest, I thought you wouldn't show up, witches and banshees don't exactly mix that well." Kay mumbled and Allysa had to be honest with herself, she had thought about it, but not about the banshees and witches hating each other, that was another whole mess she didn't want to delve into. "I did, and I think that's what matters right?" She asserted steering away the conversation to a lighter tone. "Yeah, that's right, do you wanna go on a walk, I want to show you something." The banshee suggested and Allysa finished up quickly, soon enough they were walking towards the pier, she wondered what they were doing there. "I found a spot, that reminded me of you." Kay mumbled as he led her to a secluded area, people barely came to it because of the blaring sun during the morning and evening, but for whatever Kay wanted to show Allysa it was perfect.

"Look at the horizon." He whispered as she looked. "The thing that stood out was how amongst all those large islands that small one didnt take up space but rather in it being surrounded, it became beautiful, stood out like a sore thumb, small yet aluring, that's how I felt when I met you, you're surrounded by legends, named witches and some pretty powerful mystics, but instead of being sucked up in their splendor, you stand out, your beauty radiant, and never wavering." Kay mumbled as he caressed Allysa's cheek, the girl was close to tears and she let a few fall before wiping them away then smiled. "That's the most beautiful thing someone has said to me in a while, besides Marc who makes it a point to tell me just how much he loves me." She spoke with a chuckle as did Kay. "Thank you." She added in a whisper."No, thank you, for taking a chance on a guy who doesn't deserve it." He argued making her snicker but she stayed silent, appreciating the peace Kay brought out of her, peace she only got from a few, maybe deep down, Kay wasn't so bad, she could allow herself to give him the benefit of doubt, only a little bit, she hoped giving that chance didn't burn her in the end, Goddess knows love has never been kind to her and she wouldn't want to make the healthy choice, it wasn't easy.