~Chapter 20~

WARNING: HOLY CRAP THERE IS A LOT OF BLOOD/MURDER HOPEFULLY IT WAS ALL WORTH IT AND THE ANGST IS KILLING (GET IT?) ME-

IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH THAT, I WILL LEAVE TLDR AT THE VERY END

~All the other kids with the pumped-up kicks, you better run, better run, outrun my gun, all the other kids with the pumped-up kicks, you better run, better run, faster than my bullet~

-Pumped up kicks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You took a deep breath "I need to remember what happened." With a heavy heart, you closed your eyes and thought back to the day of attack. Memories previously locked away came flooding back to you so violently you felt like throwing up.

You were in the head office of the Protective Pokemon Services in Deika city, your Protective Pokemon Services to be precise, just doing some paperwork. Absol yawned and stretched "Yeah me too." Absol turned their head to you "Absol absol?" You signed another paper and flipped it to the next one. "It's only me and you because nothing happens in this stupid town and boss said I have to stick around here for a week. So, I decided that the regular team should take a break." You quietly groaned at the memory.

Absol laid down "Absol?" You shrugged and wrote something down "Don't know. The hero commission and boss think something is happening here. They refused to give me the full details even though I'm number ten on the Pokemon charts." You pouted as Absol nodded. Pokemon rarely went to close to the humans and when they did it was so easy to relocate them since they never put up a fight. 'I suppose I should be grateful but it kind of makes me work outside the city a lot, and even though that's nice it gets annoying and I don't want to overwork my psychic Pokemon, or my wallet.' You exhale and flip over to the last paper you have to sign. "Don't worry Absol, we'll have a much easier time when we move. And hopefully, we can actually level up!"

You expected to hear a cheer or at least a grunt of acknowledgment but you didn't hear Absol do anything. You set the paper down and look over to them. You raised a brow when you saw their defensive stance as they carefully scanned the room. "What's wrong?"

It was at that moment you heard gun shots and the alarm that there were intruders came on, blaring in your ears. You quickly stood up "Where did that come from?!" You ask as you grab your cellphone. Your fear got worse when you saw there the service was quickly dying down. You texted Tsuachi 'help Deika' and prayed that he would see it. The gunshots slowly and screams were slowly coming towards your level. "Absol! We got to get out of here! Where do we go?" You shouted and you two began sprinting towards the emergency fire exit door.

Then the door exploded.

The explosion knocked both you and Absol off your feet. "Agh!" "Abso!" You hit the ground and cover your ears as more explosions busted through the building. You coughed as fire particles danced around you, some close to touching your skin. You could hear your front door trying to be broken into. You did your best to stand up, but you cried out in pain and fell back down. You looked over to your leg, it was burnt. You scanned the room to look for Absol, and sighed a breath of relief when you saw they were only slightly burnt. You coughed once more "Absol! I don't know how but they trapped all the emergency doors, we'll have to go through the normal stairs."

Absol did not like that idea and protested "Absol absol!" You hissed in pain as you got up. "What other choice do we have? The elevator isn't safe cause of the explosions, and the emergency fire stairs are on fire! We have to fight our way down." Suddenly the door to your office was split open. A gruff voice spoke "There. It's open." Three people entered the room with different types of guns, expect the man who spoke, his hand was slightly glowing orange before it disappeared. He noticed the both of you and smirked "Thank you for setting off the explosions. It's a shame that you have to die."