~Chapter 9~

~In my defense, I wasn't supposed to be around this long~

-cigarette ahegao 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your eyes fluttered opened as you felt rain pour on you, you hugged yourself to protect yourself from the cold wind. Man, you should've worn the uniform, at least it has long sleeves! 

You remembered why you are here and looked around for your friend but they weren't in sight. "Gallade?" You quietly called out to them but there wasn't a response. You called out to Gallade again a little louder and there was still no response. 

You turned around to see Gallade in front of you. You jolted back in surprise, you didn't even hear him! "Gallade, I know your upset about whatever you saw in some random timeline but I promise you, this isn't that timeline! You know for a fact that Espeon, Swanna, Scyther Flareon and all the others will not let that happen!" You told Gallade but he just stared at you with an empty gaze. 

You sighed and your arms went limp beside you. Gallade studied your movements and could easily tell that you were extremely tired, though anyone could figure that out. Gallade couldn't tell who you were, he didn't even know why! He just couldn't tell who you were, whether you were a friend or a foe. He frowned not liking the fact of not knowing who you are, you seemed. . .familiar. . 

You continued "I'm thankful that you care so much about me and the others but is murdering the villains really the best course of action? Don't you remember the last time you almost killed a villain? I mean technically that wasn't on purpose but we still got in big trouble! Please, I know you want to protect me but All Might is here! You know, the number 1 hero in all of Japan?? And the teachers are on their way! Now that I think about it, they're probably already here." You ranted but Gallade still couldn't break out of his trance? Daze? You didn't know and neither do I. 

Gallade tried very hard to realize who was talking to them, he really was! But for the life of them it just wouldn't click! 

You frowned as you saw Gallade seem to have a debate with himself. You put your hand to your chin and started thinking what you could do to make Gallade remember who you were, both of you were silent and it would've been completely quiet if it weren't for the loud wind. Until you remembered something. .

"You know. . .this reminds me of when we first met." Gallade perked up. "This alleyway, the rain reminds me of simpler times. . .you know before we almost die every time we go on a mission." Gallade tilted his head at you, curious of what you were going with this. "You were a Ralts and I was a beginner trainer." You smiled while looking at the ground, preciously a large puddle that you could see both you and Gallade. "I had just finished a training session in a ghost town and it started raining. Thankfully I had a jacket with a hood but the rain was so heavy we didn't want to continue. I was about to leave but then I saw you in the empty alleyway alone and shivering. I didn't want to leave you to probably die in the rain so I tried to get close to you." 

Gallade's eyes flashed with. .something. .you lifted your head up and embraced the cold rain as the raindrops hit your face. "You were afraid of me at first and would try to run away but you were so hungry your powers wouldn't function. Your stomach was growling so loud and I got so worried, I gave you a few treats that I had left over and thank Arceus you ate them when I offered, you looked like you hadn't eaten in at least a week!" 

You could feel tears forming in the corners of your eyes. "I finally saw you shivering and I gave you my jacket, you know, the (F/c) one with the fur on the inside? You loved that jacket, I still have it. .I'm getting off track. .you were confused on why I gave you my jacket when I needed it just as bad as you but I didn't care, I was freezing cold but I did my best to act like I wasn't so you wouldn't get worried. It took some convincing but we eventually went back to the apartment Boss had gave me. We were soaking wet and we both caught a bad cold afterwards but we didn't care. While we were sick I told you about my job and you met Pikachu Espeon and Chimchar."