More Than Life

We both got in the shower together and when we got out, James got dressed in sweats and a T-shirt and he made me wear a baby pink spaghetti strap, satin night gown. It was basically more lingerie. But it wasn't fully see through. It was kind of modest.

He rushed out of the room while I was getting dressed and told me not to come out until he told me to. It wasn't until twenty minutes later I was allowed to come out of the room.

When I open the door to walk down the hall to the living room, there's a trail of pink rose petals leading to the living room. I follow the trail and I see James standing where it ends smiling. "Hey princess."

"Baby what is all this?" I can't help but blush furiously. He still made me feel shy sometimes and made me flustered. Idk y think that feeling would ever go away with him. He still gave me butterflies.

There were candles placed around the room and the flowers he stood in the middle of were shaped like a heart. I stood in front of him and he took my hands in his abs he took a deep breath and smiled.

"Eliza you asked me once if I could see a future for us. More than just us. If I could see marriage or kids in our future. And I told you then I did. But I left out the part where I couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life without you."

Oh my god.

"I couldn't imagine not seeing a baby girl that looks exactly like you running around this house raising hell and I can't imagine not seeing her as a big sister. Her protecting her baby brother or sister."

I started to tear up.

"I couldn't imagine not creating another life with you. Not if, but when we do have children, those children will be our miracles Eliza. Just like you are mine."

I felt a tear slide down my cheek and he wiped it.

"I couldn't imagine not getting down on one knee and asking you to spend the rest of your life with me. Or not being able to stand with you in front of witnesses and promise myself to you for the rest of our lives. Whatever the future may bring."

He had started tearing up too and he tried to hide it.

"Whatever the future may bring, I know I want you in it, as my wife. And I want kids in it. Our kids. However many you want."

I had to take a deep breath to keep myself from sobbing.

"Eliza I want to marry you. I want to spend the rest of our lives making you happy and protecting you. Once upon a time, i would say something to you, when shit hit the fan and we thought our worlds were crashing down on us."

I nod and he wipes another fallen tear from my cheeks.

"I told you if you went down, that I would go down with you. And I meant it. I still do. And I'm going to mean that for the rest of our lives."

He lets go of my hands and takes a step back. He pulls out a velvet box and he gets down on one knee. And at this point. I've lost it. He opens the box.

"Eliza Lane Ridley, will you marry me?" I nod profusely and cover my mouth with my hand, trying not to cry as much. It doesn't work. I still cry.

He smiles and takes my hand, sliding the ring in my finger. It was beautiful. I didn't even look at it when he opened the box at first I was so focused on him and what he was saying.

It was princess cut. The perfect size diamond for my small hand. The band was sterling silver. He really knew me. I love princess cut rings, I don't wear gold jewelry, only silver, I just don't like the way the gold looks on me. And I liked modest things.

I had money to buy fancy things, but I liked things simple. Our house was a bit much for the two of us, but now it won't be just the two of us. We're gonna have a family and a future together.

He stands up after putting the ring in my finger and he wraps his arms around my waist and picks me up while he kisses me. I wrap my legs around his waist and hold his face in my hands as I kiss him back.

After several minutes of making out, I pull away and rest my forehead against his. "I love you so much James." He smiles against my lips and he brushes his nose against mine. I look up and meet his eyes. "I love you more than life Eliza."