Knock Knock

James and I had settled in bed the rest of the day, just watching movies. We had fallen asleep and around 1am I was woken up by my phone ringing.

"Hello?" I pick it up without seeing who it is. "Miss Ridley? It's Daryl. It's done. But it's not over." He says quite ominously. "What do you mean? What happened?"

"Turn on channel 4 news. Wake James." I didn't say anything. I just hung up. Why did he want me to turn on the news? It had to have something to do with the murders.

I turn to James and shake him softly. "James." I whisper as I shake him. "Hmm?" I shake him again trying to wake him fully. "James wake up."

"What is it baby?" He finally sits up and looks at me confused. "Daryl called he said we need to watch channel 4 news. He didn't say why."

"Ok..." He says, sounding confused. I grab the remote and turn on channel 4 news and I instantly grab his hand when I see what's on there.

"James." I whimper. "Shh baby. Hold on. Listen." He says. He pulls me onto his lap and holds me tightly while we watch the news together.

"New update on the murders of five employees from RidleyBarnes Inc. sources say that the police are looking at the CEO's of the company themselves due to the nature of the crime and the fact that Ridley and Barnes didn't report the employees as missing after they had been gone for several days."

"It's okay. We'll be fine. They don't have anything. They have suspicion of that. For all we know the news is just trying to stir shit up. Maybe the cops aren't really looking into us, they only questioned us because it was routine."

"Okay." I whisper. He knows I'm still not convinced and he pulls me closer to him and presses a soft kiss to my forehead. "I'll protect you." He whispers. He pulls me into a hug and he holds me. Until we hear a knock on the door.

"Are you expecting anyone?" I ask pulling out of his arms and looking up at him. "No. I'm guessing you aren't either." He says. I shake my head no.

"Okay you stay here, I'll go answer the door." He starts to get up but I get up with him. "No I'm going with you. I'm not a baby. I can handle myself, and did you forget that I run a billion dollar drug company?"

He chuckles and shakes his head before taking my hand in his. "Okay. Fine." We walk to the front door and there's another knock before we can even open the door.

When we do open it, there are five officers at our door and three detectives. "Miss Ridley, Mr. Barnes. We have a warrant to search your home and we're going to need you to come to the station with us."