Happy Anniversary

Six months had gone by since the call from the detective, and nothing else had happened. We figured we were in the clear and we started to move on with our lives.

I got a job at a bookstore. I didn't need one, but I loved the books. Every week I came home with a new book to read. James ended up getting a job too because he hated being home without me.

Neither of us needed them, we had plenty of money, but why not? It killed time. And we could be together 24/7 but sometimes, I wanna kill him.

Like this morning. Before work he made me coffee and kept kissing my neck and pressing himself against me and he told me he had a surprise for me. So I thought I was going to get laid before work. But his surprise was that he made me breakfast too.

I was very grateful, he's so sweet and I love him to death, but he teased me. And for some reason it's been an entire week since we had sex.

And in case you were wondering what his job was, he's a mechanic. It's basically just a hobby. And once a month I drag him to the children's hospital and we read books to the kids.

I just got home from work, normally we get home around the same time. Today I got there before him and I decided I was going to surprise him. It was our one year anniversary from when we first started dating and I wanted to make it special.

I put on a red babydoll lingerie set with garters underneath and stockings. It's completely see through. Even the panties. I pulled my hair into a messy bun because he loved those. And god help me I was wearing matching red stilettos. They killed my feet, but it was totally worth it for him.

I wasn't really wearing makeup except matching bright ass red lipstick I had on and a bit of mascara left over from work. James loved when I wore red lipstick and left kisses all over him with it on.

He acknowledged the second we woke up this morning that it was our anniversary and he was adorable about it. I wanted to be sweet and make him dinner so I am, but I'm also going to do something else for him I know he'll love.

I set the black dining room table with these grey plates we had gotten and I set up silverware too. It was very proper looking. There was an empty vase in the middle of the table I don't know where it came from but I left it.

The plates were set up at the head of the table and the seat to the left, he hated when I sat too far away from him. He always wanted to be able to touch me. Sometimes when we ate dinner he'd even make me sit on his lap. Not that I minded.

I set candles out on the table as well. They were cinnamon and smelled amazing. I made dessert. It was chocolate cake with chocolate chips sprinkled in it and whip cream too. It was a childish dessert but James loved chocolate cake and whip cream.

I set out wine and champagne glasses and pulled both out of the wine cellar because I didn't know what he would want to drink, but I already had a cup of wine while I was preparing all of this.

When he came in the door he was on the phone. He was wearing jeans and a T-shirt, he had just come from work, his hair was all messy and he looked so fucking cute but to fucking sexy at the same time.

His jaw dropped when he saw me. "I-I'm gonna have to call you back later Sam." He says and hangs up the phone. Sam is a guy he works with now.

"Hey handsome." I smile as I go in to kiss him. He smiles through the kiss and when he pulls away he's still smiling. "Doll, What is all this?"

"I made you dinner, and dessert, and tonight...well that surprise is for later but you will be getting a second dessert, we'll leave it at that."

"Thank you sweetheart. You didn't have to do all this. I love it. I love you." He kisses me again and then pulls me into a hug. "I love you James. Now how about we eat dinner before it gets cold."