Keep it Together

It's three weeks after James and I signed the papers with the lawyers. James and I have made several sales in the past few weeks and this arrangement him and I have is going really well.

I was at the warehouse going through inventory again. James's guys from his warehouse now worked her because mine....well I killed them.

I've been constantly going through the inventory. If I wasn't making deals or at the office I was here. I was always here. I wanted to make sure what happened with the other five, didn't happen again.

I was going through the heroin inventory when I heard James come in. I'm immediately greeted by his warm body standing behind me and he takes the papers out of my hands. "Hey!"

I try to grab it back but he holds it over his head so I can't reach. "Stop Eliza. You need to stop. You're driving yourself crazy. You're always here. This inventory is not changing."

"That's what I thought last time." I say, dead serious. Staring him directly in the eyes. Not breaking eye contact. "Come with me." He grabs my hand before I can protest and pulled me into the bathroom.

He locks the door and faces me. I look away from him and cross my arms across my chest. "Look at me." I don't. "Eliza look at me." Still don't.

He pushes me up against the bathroom wall. His hands around my neck. I was now looking at him. My face dead. No emotion. "You need to stop."

"Why do you fucking care?" I spit. "Because I do. You're going to fuck this up. I got rid of the bodies, so if you go down I go down with you and you're going to give yourself away with how you're acting."

The anger inside me slips away and tears sting my eyes. "People are asking where they are. All I do is change the subject I don't know what to say or what to do James."

He lets go of my neck but keeps me pressed against the wall, his body pressed firmly against mine. "We need to find a way to help you so we don't get caught. Neither of us want to end up in jail."

"Ok." Is all I can manage. He holds my face in his hands and presses his lips to mind. He gives me a soft kiss. He holds his lips to mind for several seconds before pulling back. "You're ok."

He takes a step back. His hands move form my face to my cheeks. "What do I do?" I whisper? "Keep yourself together. If anyone asks where they went, you don't know, they just disappeared."

"Ok."