Inventory

We stayed up all night doing inventory together. We talked. About what staff to bring in and which of mine we were going to get rid of.

We would bring in our lawyers and sign a document tomorrow on our partnership and the agreements we'd come too, obviously our fake business, not telling anyone what our actual business was.

It was 3am and I was exhausted. And we were only half way through. I keep a coffee machine in the office in the back of the warehouse, thank god.

"Do you want some coffee?" I walk over to the machine and start making my own. "Why didn't you offer this three hours ago?" He chuckled.

"I forgot I had it until I looked to the back of the room. Black coffee right?" He nods and returns to the inventory papers in his hands and the packets of cocaine in-front of him.

"This doesn't add up." He says when I walk back over to him and hand him his coffee. "What doesn't?" He hands me the papers.

"You have 81 bags of cocaine right here but in your inventory it says you're supposed to have 90. Where are the other eight?"

He isn't accusing me of stealing or hiding them. Because 9 bags of coke won't make or break me. There's no way I'd hide 9 bags from him. Which meant someone who was working off me, was stealing from me.

"What the fuck? Fuck. Okay. Let's see. Who has had access to this place in the past three days? I just counted them three days ago because I made a deal and had to fix the inventory after I sold."

"You obviously have security cameras, let's go through the footage and see who comes in and out of here. We start with the four that were in here earlier and add whoever else is on the footage."

He's done this before. He's a brilliant man, I've said before, I'll say it again. We needed to figure this out. Who the fuck could be stealing from me?

I trusted every single person who worked for me with my life. Obviously I had been wrong to. "James I trust these people with my life. How the fuck did this happen?" He knows where I'm coming from.

He's had this happen to him before. "We just have to find out who it was, kill them, obviously, and double down on security. Limit amount of people aloud on here even more."

"Yea. Okay." I was rattled. And he could tell. He took my coffee and the papers out of my hands and set them on the counter. He took my hands in his and looked into my eyes. "Where's the footage?"