Practice makes Perfect

"So you push the sword with that hand and just pull with the other. And stop over correcting your stands, that won't help in a real fight." Uma sighed, her arms crossed over her chest as she told Lilith to try again. "How about this? Try a low swing, mid swing, block, block."

"I assume you mean switching sides with each one as well?" Lilith sighed, her arms feeling sore as she tightened her grip on the sword handle.

"Obviously." Uma stated as Lilith did as told.

Raising an eyebrow, she gestured for Uma to comment. "Getting better. Don't forget to move your hips, it's swordfighting, not fencing. The turns are where you get the power from. Hence why while sword fighting it's common to see someone do a full spin."

Blinking rapidly, Lilith made a soft noise of acknowledgement, not knowing much about sword fighting.

"Okay, just..." Uma sighed, holding her hat up for a second to run a hand trough her hair before putting it back on.

The sea witch told her friend to get in a fighting position as she started adjusting Lilith's grip on the sword. "Don't hold on too tightly, you need to find that balance, okay?"

Lilith said nothing as she looked at the way Uma corrected her stance.

"So hold on tightly but don't choke it. If your knuckles are turning white, like now," Uma's pointed look made Lilith loosen her grip on the handle. "Then you need to loosen. That's better. Let's see if you do better next time," Uma said, grabbing the jacket she had discarded earlier.

Lilith gulped slightly, knowing the plans the crew had for the rest of the day. "Actually I think it'd be better if I stayed here, practicing. I mean, can't have those morons from Auradon beat me, can I?" She said, getting back in a fighting stance.

But Uma wouldn't have any of Lilith's attempts to avoid the inevitable. "Come on. Once you can do it, it won't be scary anymore."

"I still think it's a bad idea." Lilith huffed, hesitantly putting the sword away.

The sea witch rolled her eyes in a teasing manner, holding her hand out to her friend. "Come on, I'll be with you the entire time. The second you want to hang on to me, you can. Besides, it's not like i'm gonna throw you into deep water immediately."

"You kinda did when you put me on that rowboat," Lilith stated, smirking as Uma glared at her. "Just saying."

"Let's see if you still talk that way once we're in the water," Uma said, tugging the taller girl with her.

Luckily the dock had one staircase that led straight into the water and Uma had deemed it the perfect spot to teach Gil and Lilith how to swim.

She couldn't deny the terror she felt at the thought of losing either of them when they fell into the water at the Isle of the Doomed. Uma never wanted to feel that way again, so she took it upon herself to teach them how to swim. Luckily, she had Harry to help out-who was already in the water with Gil.

The boys waved enthusiastically at the approaching girls, Lilith faltering at the first step that went into the water while Uma walked all the way until it reached her chest.

"Come on, lad, it's safe." Harry grinned while Gil was doggy paddling in the water but atleast he wasn't clinging to Harry's hand like Lilith was clinging onto Uma.

"No thanks, I prefer to not drown." Lilith huffed, letting go of Uma's hand when the sea witch stepped further into the water.

"Just try it, we're all here to help." Uma said with a small smile as Lilith sighed.