Chapter 1: Draco's POV (after the war)

Rolling up his unfinished sketch, Draco Malfoy sighed, glancing up at the large, bewitched clock hanging mid-air in his bedroom. He should really be sleeping by now, but quite frankly, he found that the silence of the night was more comforting than the prospect of lying awake, overthinking and stressing about things that never happened. As Draco moved from his place on the edge of his bed, his thoughts drifted back to the war, and he mentally flitted through the sketches he made of Hogwarts and its grounds.

Draco found the school quite beautiful actually, despite his snarky remarks about the place. Suddenly, there was a disturbance coming from his window, and, snapping out of his daze, Malfoy peered out, instantly spotting the tawny owl sitting patiently on the ledge of his window.

Groaning inwardly, the blond sauntered over towards the owl and slid the window open, beckoning it in. The wide eyed creature held its leg out, and Draco carefully untied the letter attached to the owl, who promptly flew out of the open window. Unrolling the the parchment, Malfoy had to read the letter twice over to believe what it said. The Hogwarts emblem had been stamped onto the corner of the page, and the distinctive hand of Minerva Mcgonagoll was signed at the bottom of the parchment. This had to be some kind of joke. Why would Hogwarts ever invite him back?

Draco extracted his wand from his back pocket and cast numerous revealing charms over the letter - to no revelation. A wave of excitement and apprehension washed over Malfoy, and he felt the same adrenaline as when his first acceptance letter came, almost eight years ago. Now he was going back, and he felt just as satisfied as he did receiving his first ever 'Outstanding' mark. Potter would be there, and he'd show him that he could still show his face after the war. Flicking the page over, he glimpsed the usual list of things he needed for the school year. He'd get those tomorrow...

—————————————

Sorry for the short chapter
-R🧚