+46+

MALIA

It feels a little weird being in the hallway without the guys. They're usually the loudest and cause the biggest traffic jam. Now it's easy flow walking and no loud laughing.

The basketball team's usual spot is empty, unoccupied by anybody. I walk by to get to my last block. Xavier meets me there.

"How you holding up?"

I shrug as I sit in my seat. I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. I miss him but is it too much? It's only been three days. The girls haven't said anything to me about it. If I was doing too much, they would tell me.

Camryn doesn't seem to be as affected about Midas leaving as I am about Namu being gone. When we talked yesterday, she said that she knew it was coming. She didn't get worked up over it because she knows that he's coming back.

I know that Namjoon's coming back too but I'm still sad that he left. Kaia is in between Cam and I. She didn't cry but she's not really upbeat either. We're all just kind of... going day to day, I guess.

"I'm okay. I miss Joon."

Xavier nods. "I was expecting that. I heard you cried."

"From who?"

"Twitter." He says it like that's normal.

I roll my eyes. "That gossip page?"

"Yeah." Xavier laughs. "They're like college TMZ." He takes his phone out to show me the page. "It's started every year and they go on hiatus in the summer. In the beginning of the year, they update everything. Who broke up over the summer, who got together, who was sneaking around. Everything."

"That sounds exhausting."

"Probably is. But if they're this invested in other people's lives, they're probably used to drama or they're making a career out of it. Running this page is probably nothing to them."

He scrolls to find the tweet about me crying.

New couple?! Basketball capt. Namjoon and dance capt. Malia seen lip-locking before his team left campus. They seemed cozy! I wonder how long this is going to last.

I roll my eyes as I read the replies. Half of them are supportive, 25% think it's random and the last chunk are ass kissers.

Wasn't he just with Chloe? Cheer captain?

Somebody has a type.

I ain't even mad at him. That girl fine.

Man collecting bitches like Pokémon cards.

Naw wait, I like this one. This is cute.

When have y'all ever seen him kiss that other girl?! He look uncomfortable as hell around her.

He a freshman. He gonna be fucking. What y'all expect?!

Don't act like y'all wouldn't let him blow your back out too. I'm also guilty. Mans is fine as hell.

"Bash said that Chloe's an admin for the page. Or she knows the admins. Something like that. It has to be the cheerleaders because those are the only people that were at the building that night."

"Bash?" Xavier questions with a raise of his eyebrow and a curl of his lip.

"Yeah. Sebastian. His last name's Cruz, I think."

"Yeah, I-." He shakes his head and rolls his head. "I know who he is. What the hell are you doing with him?"

My lips part as I find some way to respond to that. I'm not even sure how to with the way that he responded to me.