Chapter 27: Friend

Zacznij od początku

"... You're basing her personality on that?"

"Well, we don't know what's running on her mind so what else could we think?"

"... I see. I at least thank you for answering."

"Y-you're welcome, I guess." The man tripped his word because it's clear that his thank you was forced, especially with his eyes narrowed. 

Kyou looked back at the girl. His sister left but instead of following her, his eyes were locked on the main topic of their gossips.

"Leader~!"

The girl frowned as another one approached her. Kyou chuckled, witnessing that.

It seemed like they're having a relaxing conversation, not until the sound of broken glass caught everyone's attention. The squatting girl let go of the glass and it got scattered down the floor. Kyou was aware of that but it's not the same for others.

The girl apologized even though it's not her fault. He could somehow tell that she's getting irritated but still managed to say sorry and ask the acting victim's condition. She's a good person...

He rushed down the 1st floor to tell the staff about the broken glass. As he climbed back again, he hoped that the situation would have already calmed down. However, it didn't change a bit.

He looked at the girl again. She glanced at the corridor so Kyou also did. Her eyes were focused on a certain boy but he just turned his head away.

Is that her friend... or boyfriend?

Kyou couldn't take it anymore that he had to remove his eyeglasses. For the first time in 10 years, he read someone's mind again.

That boy was Lev Vande. They just become friends earlier so she didn't trust him yet. Plus, he was her first friend... but probably not anymore. This girl also had a hard time trusting someone...

"You can stand, right? I'm glad you didn't get hurt," she said.

He wore his eyeglasses back then approached the two girls.
"What's this fuss all about?"

"... Great timing. If it's alright, you can stay here with her. I'll call a staff."

She tapped Kyou's shoulder while walking past him.

Why..? Why wouldn't she complain? Couldn't she open up to someone?

His mind was filled with questions but only one important question escaped his lips.
"... Are you alright?"

The other girl answered so Kyou repeated the question as he grabbed the shoulder of someone who should be asked.
"Are you alright?"

"... Well... Yeah?" she answered.

"I see. She dropped the glass near your feet so I thought you'll get hurt... Oh, wait. I mean she accidentally  dropped."

"... Pfft... I'm alright, honestly."

So she can actually... laugh like that.

When Kyou let go of her shoulders, it was finally time for him to search for his sister. As far as he could remember, the staff's room was... where is it again?

He glanced at the stairs, planning to ask the staff below again. Good or bad timing, he caught Lev Vande escaping from his friends. He's probably gonna go after the girl earlier.

Well, it's not Kyou's business anymore. So, he also took the stairs and silently arrived on the 1st floor.

Not his business... that's what he thought until he saw the girl drunk.