35

"Fuck"

New cursed as he sat up with his eyes remained closed to grab his throbbing head. It has been so long since the last time he drank, so he was expecting such an effect given the amount of alcohol he consumed last night.

"I'll never drink alcohol again"

He whispered. He should've controlled the amount of drinks he consumed, but his mind was too occupied with the incident with Tay and he badly wanted to forget about it last night, so he ended up drowning himself in alcohol. To his dismay, even when drunk, he still thought about seeing Tay in front of him, kissing him and even bringing him home last night.

"I'm so stupid"

He murmured, gripping his hair tightly, hoping that it could lessen the pain in his head.

"Does it hurt that much?"

He heard someone ask, and New unknowingly nodded his head, but immediately stopped when it finally hit him. He opened his eyes and looked up. There he saw Tay standing beside the bed, wearing nothing but pajamas, a glass of water in his hand.

"T- Tay?"

New asked in confusion. Tay sighed, shaking his head as he placed the glass of water and a medicine on the bed side table.

"Drink this, it'll lessen the pain in your head"

Tay said before walking around the room. New followed the latter's every move and that's when he realized where he was.

"Fuck! Did I call him last night?"

New asked himself, trying to remember what exactly happened last night. The memories with Tay, which he thought was just a hallucination, popped out of his head. Did it really happen? New thought as he tried to remember all the things he did, but failed. He can't even remember how they met in the first place.

The main reason why he tried his best to avoid alcohol for the past year was to avoid such an incident where he'll randomly drunk dial Tay's number once he got drunk, unluckily, there is a big chance that it did happen last night, if not, he can't think of any other reason as to why Tay would be there in the first place.

"You're an idiot, New"

He murmured to himself while gritting his teeth. New immediately looked away from Tay, averting his attention to the glass of water and the medicine that Tay placed on the table when their eyes met. He reached for it and didn't waste any time taking it.

"I sent your clothes to the laundry, you threw up last night. You can use my clothes for now"

Tay casually said, placing a pile of clothes on the mini couch inside his room. New roamed his eyes around Tay's familiar room and saw that nothing really changed in there. He can still see the traces of memories they shared at each corner of the room, how he wished he could bring them all back again.

"I have an early appointment, you don't mind eating breakfast in the car, right?"

Tay asked, which brought New back to the present. He shook his head.

"You- I- I mean, you don't have to bring me home, I can actually-"

"Gun ordered me to do it, I have no choice, but to do it, or he'll actually kill me"

Tay said without showing any expression. New doesn't know what to feel. Should he feel grateful that Gun stayed the same manipulative human being he was that he made sure to order Tay such a move, or should he feel disappointed that Tay will only do it because he was ordered to do so, unlike before. He used to tell New that he loved bringing him anywhere he wanted to go because he wanted to make sure that he's always safe and secure. He is his responsibility, he was.