16

True to Tay's words, he indeed drags New out of the house as early as 5am despite Nam's protests over dinner that they cannot leave her behind. New was asleep during the entire ride due to tiredness. Eventually, the peaceful sleep they expected to have last night didn't turn out as expected. Tay's needs got the best of them and they ended up satisfying both of themselves through some rounds of oral sex. New can't just ignore Tay's pleading eyes and pouting lips, he can't say no to him at all.

When New wakes up, Tay's no longer inside the car and they are parked in front of an empty beach. His eyes widened when he saw the sea. He can't remember the last time he went to one. He got out of the car and roamed his eyes around the place. He automatically smiled when he saw Tay sitting on the sand with a can of beer beside him. He slowly took his way to Tay's place.

"Hey"

Tay looks at him, and instantly flashes his sweet gummy smile.

"You're awake"

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

New said before sitting beside Tay.

"You look tired, so I let you rest for a bit"

Tay said, and offered his beer to New, which he didn't hesitate to accept, and sipped on it.

"Indirect kiss"

Tay said to New, grinning. New then inches his face to Tay and gives him a peck.

"Now, that's direct kiss"

New said, which made Tay chuckles.

"Did you rent the whole place?"

New asked. He noticed that they're the only ones in the said place.

"I didn't. I was surprised as well to see no one in here. Last time I checked, this place's quite popular"

"Well, let's just say we're lucky to enjoy this beautiful place all by ourselves"

New said. He stood up and started stripping, Tay just watched him.

"Aren't you gonna swim?"

New asked, that's when Tay looked away. New watched him, confused.

"Come on! You didn't bring me here just to watch me swim aren't you?"

New places his hands on his hips. Tay still didn't answer, eyes are at the sea.

"Fine! I'll leave you here"

New gave up and was about to leave.

"I can't swim"

He turned as soon as he heard Tay.

"Probably one of the things I can't really do"

New sat back beside Tay, when he felt like there's something else he needs to hear in Tay's story. But when Tay didn't bother to open his mouth again to continue the story, New just sighs and holds Tay's hand.

"I'll teach you"

Tay looks at him in disbelief.

"I'm a hopeless case when it comes to swimming, New. You can't do something about it"

"Then we will not swim"

Tay furrowed his eyebrow.

"Just be with me. We'll play and run after the water. There's so much we can do at the beach aside from swimming, Tay! Don't tell me you haven't done those?"

Tay shook his head, New gave him a smile and stood up. He reached for Tay's shirt and took it off.

"We'll enjoy today. You told me I'm yours today, so don't let me enjoy this place alone"

New says as he drags Tay. He no longer protests. He trusts New, so he willingly follows the younger man.

-

After a few hours of playing in the water by splashing it to each other, laying and sitting on the sand, letting the water run through their skin, and watching New swims, both of them decided to just sit at the seaside. New can no longer feel his body due to excessive swimming, Tay just keeps on laughing at him. The sun's about to go down.

"You like watching the sunset?"

New asked Tay when he sat beside him, Tay nodded, smiling.

"My grandma nanny used to brought me here when I was young whenever I told her that I feel alone because the house is eventually empty"

"Where is she now?"

"She died when I was 9"

Tay said, eyes never leaving the sun.

"Sorry to hear that"

"You don't have to. It was too long ago and I already moved on from it"

Tay said. New just watches him from the side. He remembers what Nam said to him about his brother. He indeed always likes to see things positively.

"I brought my ex in here a year ago"

Tay suddenly said, and New felt a sudden pinch in his chest. It was Joss.

"He's an adventurous. He likes extreme activities. He forced me to go snorkeling even though he knew that I can't swim. I can't say no to him so I agreed. He said it was safe and there's nothing to worry about. We got separated since he wanted to explore. Unfortunately, he felt some cramps while swimming on the deeper part of the sea. He almost drowned, and I cannot even do anything about it aside from crying and panicking. A man saved him and he told me it was all okay and we're fine, but I know after that, everything already changed."

New stays silent. He just wants Tay to continue. He wanted to know what happened between Joss and him or if he still feels the same towards the man. He might have gotten hurt, but that didn't stop him from wanting Tay's truth. He hopes he no longer loves the man, but by how Tay tells him their story, it somehow tells him otherwise. There's still so much emotion in Tay's eyes.

"He stays with me, but I can no longer feel him. I don't know if it's just me? If I am just feeling guilty because of what happened. I don't know? The only thing I am sure of is how it no longer reaches his eyes whenever he tells me he loves me. He was there, but it seems like he's not. I knew them and I felt them, but I kept my mouth and eyes shut. I was too afraid to lose him, until he was gone."

Tay said. New can feel the brokenness of Tay's voice. He wanted to hug Tay, but he feels like he somehow needs it more this time.

"It was actually my fault why he left"

Tay said, and New was a bit confused as to why Tay was telling him all of that.

"That night, I heard you and Nam. She told you about Joss"

New's eyes widened.

"I'm not mad. Nam only told you the truth. I was indeed lost when I found you, New, and like her, I am glad that I have you now with me"

Tay said, looking back at New.

"I don't know where this setup will bring us, but can you trust me?"

Tay asked. New can't fully understand what Tay is trying to say, but the sincerity in Tay's eyes makes me just want to trust Tay.

"Can you trust me and just stay with me, New?"

Tay asked again. New nodded before resting his head to Tay's shoulder as they continued to adore the view.

"Like I said, I'll stay as long as you want, Tay. I am just here"

New said after some time. He felt Tay's lips on his forehead, as he snaked his hand around New's waist.

"I don't know if I already told you how thankful I am for you, New, but I am. Every single day. I am always thankful that I met you that night. You made everything light and better"

Tay said and rested his head on top of New's.

-

Chap 17 is almost done. Ready your heart? 👀

sorry for the typos and errors.