His, Forever!

Shivi, morning

Shivi, morning

Combination of precious gemstones and fresh flowers adorned the large swayamvara hall like a newly wedded bride. Richly carved ivory pillars proudly held King Ushinara and Shivi's glorious legend engraved on them. Fragrance of sandal paste had added to the feeling of whiteness and purity.

Much unlike the hearts of Kotikasya and Jayadratha.

The Prince of Sindhu watched over the ornate assembly hall, smirking. A few moments more. And then, the beautiful Princess of this land would become his! Forever his!

"How foolish Govasana is!" He muttered to Duryodhana who sat beside him.

"He could have directly given away his daughter to me. What was the need of this huge, luxurious arrangement?" Jayadratha shrugged. "An unwanted, unnecessary drama!"

"Maybe he just wants to show off Shivi's prosperity." Duryodhana remarked, throwing a casual glance on the surroundings. "What else?"

"Show off to all greater and richer Kings of Aaryavarta?" Jayadratha rubbed his chin, his eyes squinted. "I used to believe Govasana is a spineless King. Where did he get this much courage from?"

"His daughter!" Duryodhana gritted his jaw. "That girl doesn't look like a human but an open sword herself!" His nosetrils flared, remembering how Devika confronted him during Mitravinda's swayamvara. Duryodhana had never imagined that a young maiden could do that in front of all Kauravas!

"She is Govasana's courage! She is Shivi's power! Sakha Jayadratha, if you want to overrule Shivi, tame that untamed tigress first!"

"Not to offend you, brother Duryodhana. But you also have come here in hope of winning that untamed tigress's hand only!" Yuyutsu calmly commented. "Haven't you?"

"You keep quiet, Daasi Putra!" Duryodhana hissed. "Don't make a remark without knowing the entire strategy!"

"What strategy, brother?" Yuyutsu stared at him. "To get Shivi's alliance, right? Could you please explain me how a 'small' kingdom's alliance suddenly become so important to you? Is it Shivi's strength or Shivi Kumari's bravery that you're scared off?"

"Yuyutsu!" Duryodhana snapped. "Mind your language!"

"Calm, brother! Calm down!" Jayadratha patted Duryodhana. "I don't want you all to fight over here, on this auspicious tithi of my wedding!"

Yuyutsu glared at Jayadratha. "First do win, brother-in-law!"

Edge of Jayadratha's lips curved into a contemptuous smirk. His casual eyes gauged the bow and target once again.

Poor Yuyutsu! How would he know that everything was pre-planned here?

It was just the wait of few more hours!

No one noticed a silent Krishna sitting on the other side with Balarama and Satyaki, smiling his mysterious smile.

"Hail the Lord of Shivi!"