Two Forms, One Soul

Pandava camp

Pandava camp

"She is a Princess?" Draupadi looked at Sahadeva with surprise in her lotus eyes. "And you all know her?"

"We do, Krishney! She is Shivi Rajkumari Devika, Bhrata Krishna's student!"

Draupadi looked at Devika, her eyes beamed in admiration. The next moment she approached the bed and sat beside Devika, taking her pale palms within hers.

"I still cannot believe that I met such a uniquely gifted woman! Brave and valiant like Devi Durga, intelligent like Devi Saraswati, compassionate and selfless like Devi Lakshmi, all in the same form!" Draupadi's voice chocked in emotion as she smiled. "Maybe this is what one can expect in the shishyaa of Krishna Vaasudeva himself!"

Devika smiled too, patting Draupadi's hands. "Seeing the divine qualities of Tridevis in an ordinary girl like me, this generosity is possible only in Krishna Vaasudeva's dear Sakhi!"

Krishna smiled, shaking his head in amusement.

These two are way too similar!

"Who says you are ordinary? You seem to be a Goddess to me, Shivi Kumari!" Draupadi said. "You have saved my Lords from obvious death. I will never be able to pay this debt of yours!"

"I too have my debt to you, Yuvarani!" Devika said, "Without you, Pandavas would have never been alive again to the world. Without you, there could be no end to their painful disguised life! Not just me, all the followers of Dharma in this Bharatavarsha will forever bow to you for giving new life to such dharmikas!"

Yudhishthira stood rooted, listening to both the women with awe. Their mutual respect and acknowledgement of each other's greatness could not have gladdened and soothed anyone more than him! Krishna sideglanced at him once, laughing to himself as he found his dear eldest speechless.

It had hit the right point!

"Your courage and dedication to save others is much more selfless, Shivi Kumari! You yourself were almost going to lose your life today, yet you cared for my husbands first when you recovered! I have never even imagined that such a noble soul can exist on earth!" Draupadi said, caressing Devika's cheek almost unknowingly. A strange affection was taking over her as she looked at Devika's face.

As if she was looking at her own counterpart!

"She is like that only, Sakhi Krishnaa!" Krishna said with a smile. "Devika has never cared for herself while saving her subjects, the common people of Shivi from troubles. She has a God-gifted ability to feel one with every human of Aaryavarta. Just like..." Krishna turned to Yudhishthira. "Like our Jyeshtha Bhrata!"

Yudhishthira avoided eye contact with Krishna. Devika felt embarrassed. Draupadi was too intelligent. What if she caught that hint Krishna had given? Her unease added up as she sensed Yudhishthira's embarrassment.