Curfew (17)

ETHANS POV
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Of course, Alec yelling at me had not been enough. One of the only times Lonni left her room and she was scolding me.

"What the hell, Ethan?!" I sat on the couch and took it all in, "You are extremely lucky Riley is as kind as she is and didn't report it back to Nommi!" Lonni warned.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as I kept my head down and eyes glued to the floor. I fidgeted with my fingers, picking at the skin around my nails.

"How many times are we going to have to clean up after this kids' mess?" Leo asked Lonni as if I wasn't in the room.

"It wasn't Ethans fault, he was defending me!" Irene chimed but was immediately shut up by the glare of the alphas.

"Why did you attack her?" Lonni asked, keeping the hard glare in her eyes. I hesitated. No matter what I said, it'd be hopeless. "Answer!" Lonni demanded.

"She made jokes about what happened in the cave," I explained with the quietest voice I could muster. I glanced up at their faces and immediately felt a wave of hurt wash over me—they didn't believe me. I tightened my fists and glued my eyes back down to the floor.

"Why would she ever do such a thing?" Leo scoffed with disbelief, "To think you'd ever even say that makes me sick!"

"It's true!" I raised my voice a little bit.

"What should we do with him? He can't go unpunished!" Leo asked as he turned to Lonni but telling by the tone in his voice, he knew exactly what he wanted to do.

"Isn't scolding him enough?" Lonni asked sheepishly.

"Of course not! I say he goes to the punishment shed!" Leo glared at me.

A roar of disagreement washed over the house.

"That's too far!" Lonni protested.

"Absolutely not, I mean what he did was wrong but let's not take it that far," Alec said.

"No!" Ryan hollered. He had been the most recent person to go, I feared what would happen to me.

"Let's talk about this more privately," Leo suggested as he walked down the hall, Lonni following.

It was awkward in the room, everyone looking around not quite sure what to say.

"I know I messed up, ok? My emotions got the better of me," I apologized.

I really did feel guilty, to think I could have accidentally used the moon's power and went berserk filled me with fear. The fact it had nearly been well over a month since I found out about what I was capable of and still had no control over left a lingering feeling of disappointment.

Nala, or my mom, hasn't contacted me like she said she would. All I got were dreams of her past. Most of them were meditation and focusing on breathing. I tried to do it sometimes but with how eventful this house was, I barely got the chance.

"Ethan, I believe you," Irene said.

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile, but I doubt a fourteen-year-old was able to change the minds of everyone.

As time went on muffled yelling was heard from the Alphas bedroom, nothing I could make out though.

"Well, I'm not going to hold it against him. This is probably the most interesting thing to happen in a while." Noah shrugged as he took a seat next to me.

"Noah, you're an idiot." Alex glared.

"He's your mate, I don't understand why you're so mad." Noah stared at him weirdly.