42. Keya

"My godchild's birthday is in few days, haven't you decided on what theme his birthday will be?" Jessy asks while all of us are currently having our usual weekend lunch date.

I massaged my temples because right after the incident happened two days ago about Sky wanting to watch hockey, I started freaking out! Especially when he demanded to watch a hockey game instead of a birthday kids party.

"Honestly, I am so stressed and worried!" I finally released my frustration. "Sky wants to watch hockey for his birthday!"

Seriously, my baby is way too matured for his age! He thinks way too advanced compared to a normal kid, I mean, he is just three! Still turning three. He even barely know how to pronounce the word 'birthday'!

"For real?" Lily chimed in as she seats next to me. "Who told him about that sport?"

"Absolutely nobody!" I answered completely frustrated. "I specifically banned ice hockey in our household eversince! I mean, even if its not banned nobody cares about hockey in my family!"

"Not until Sky." Jessy said. "Wow. Ice hockey really runs on their blood then, I should conclude. Damn! Seguin's genes is strong huh?"

I groaned. "I have already suggested him different superhero themed parties but no. He wants to watch a goddamn hockey game!"

"Then so be it!" Lily said.

"Absolutely not." I answered right away. "And what? So that Tyler will see him?"

"Why aren't you letting him see his son?" Jessy asked.

"Well..." I said completely hesitant on what should I say next because I don't have any concrete and acceptable reason why. "I just don't want to!"

"Bullshit!" Jessy said. "That's selfishness."

Strike hundred and four with the word selfishness! Jezz!

"Just let the kid do what he wants Keya." Lily said. "He is just a kid, you want him to be happy right? Besides, he only wants to watch a hockey game, not his father's game."

"True." Jessy agreed. "And if you don't want Tyler to see his son then watch a different team game then! You know you can just watch college division one hockey game for that."

"I guess that will do." I replied agreeing to Jessy's suggestion which is much better than watching a NHL game for sure Sky won't notice any difference.

**

I made it home early today so I decided to bring my family at the mall downtown, they've been staying at my apartment most of the time since they got here so we need to go out and have some fun.

I wanted to take them on one of the amazing tourist spots in the city but I still have a lot of things to do in school and my mom wants me to prioritize it as of now.

"Let's go to the kid's section and buy Sky some new clothes for his birthday party." My mom says.

"Mommy, I'm hungry!" My son demands as I carried him with me.

"What do you want honey?" I ask kissing him on his cheeks.

"I don't know." My son answers with his might even if the words are still incomprehendable. "Just anything, I am starving."

"Oh dear, alright let's go get you something to eat then." I said.

"I'll get him myself, can I?" My younger sister offers. "I saw some fastfood stalls right over there, I'll take him!"

"Are you sure?" I ask as Kelsey takes my son away and carry him herself.

She nodded. "I'm kind of hungry too anyway."