40. Keya

March

Time flies so fast and it is finally the month I have been waiting for ever since I went back here in Dallas. My whole family is coming to visit me and to celebrate Sky's birthday in here. I couldn't wait to cuddle my son again and to let my best friends meet him for the very first time.

"I cannot wait to hold my little godchild!" Lily announced as the both of us started to walk heading to the arrival area at the airport.

"Trust me, me too!" I said. "Ever since I went back in here, I have been dying to do that. Goodness! I miss my son so much."

"Have you told Tyler that Sky is arriving today, at least?" Lily asked which caught me off-guard.

I sighed and said not yet. My friends and family don't have any idea that I told Tyler that our son died, probably because a part of me wants to take all those lies back. In the past couple of weeks since he got my number, he's been constantly calling and texting me asking if how I was.

He randomly sends me presents like limited edition books that I always send back, but he forces to let me accept it. Two days ago, he visited me in my apartment to give me some flowers and chocolates. And also to say that he is flying to Edmonton for a game, he could have just texted me that day or let someone the goddamn flower. He's very caring and thoughtful now. I guess he have changed... I'm way too confused already.

I sighed erasing the thought of Tyler, I don't want to feel worried or anything. I want to focus on what's going on today, I am finally reuniting with my son and that is the one thing I should focus on right now.
I immediately spotted my mom carrying my son as they go down at the escalator and I started to wave both of my hands in complete excitement. When they saw me they immediately did the same.
Sky was way too excited to see me that when they hop out from the escalator, he demands my mom to let him down and run towards mine and hugged me real tight.

"Oh my baby!!!" I shrieked holding him up swing him around before setting my son back on his feet. "I miss you so much!"

"I love you mommy." My toddler said which made me feel emotional. My mom then approached and hugged me. "How's the flight?"

"I'm absolutely knackered." My mom replies. "Sky just doesn't want to keep still and Kelsey over here doesn't want to help me."

By the mention of my sister's name I just realized that she is standing right next to me mom. "Kelsey!"

"Well, hello there sister!" She said and leaned to give me a hug.

"What are you doing here? Don't you have classes?" I said in complete surprise.

"Oh, we'll talk about it when we get home." My mom said brushing off my surprise. "Is this your friend Lily?"

"Oh yeah, sorry." I apologized for neglecting my friend. "Mom, Kelsey, this is my best friend Lily. Lily this is my sister Kelsey and my mom Norma."

"Nice to meet you all guys." She said giving them handshakes right before beaming to me and Sky. "And this is my godchild!"

"Yes. Sky, meet your godmother Lily." I said smiling as my son waves hello.

"Hello!" Lily said kissing him on the cheeks. But right after she stood up she discreetly whispers something. "He really looks like his Dad."

I elbowed her. "Should we go now? Lily here still have more errands to go to. Let's check your bags out."

*

"Thank the heavens! Exhaustion finally hits your son." My mom said as she carries Sky who is fast asleep to my room.

We just finished lunch that we just ordered to go at the nearest restaurant on the way here.
As I started cleaning up and my sister wanders around the house I finally have the chance to ask her why she's here.

"I decided to take a break this semester." She replied right away. "And maybe... Just maybe! I might like to stay here in Dallas and transfer in here. I'm sure you want me to live here with you right?"

"Live here?" I repeated. "You know I'm flying back to Scotland after graduation. If you want to live in this apartment, you have to work atleast three jobs to afford the rent."

My mom then came back from my room and so I beamed at her immediately with complete exasperation. "Mom do you know Kelsey's plan?"

She nodded. "I let you move here before, knowing that you don't know anyone in here."

"She only knows me mom. And you know that I'll be moving back to Scotland after graduation." I replied.

"It was just still a plan Keya." My mom said. "Who knows Kelsey will change her mind."

"Mom's right." Kelsey agreed. "That's why I came here to check things out if I like it or not-- hey! Is this a limited edition books of Fiona Harris-Co?"

Kelsey asked holding the stack of books on her hands holding it up, now I regret not hiding all the things Tyler just gave.

"Where did you get this? You're stingy enough to come buy this." Kelsey added as she shuffles through the page of the books. "Oh wait--there's a note in here. Have you read this already?"

My sister have so many questions asked already but I didn't answered it yet. But when she mentioned something about a note, I was fast enough to run towards her and snatch the books out of her hands but it was already too late since she is now reading the note that was slipped on the book.

"I know how you love reading and collecting. Hope you like it, Tyler." Kelsey reads and after she read Tyler's name her jaw literally dropped. "Is this the same Tyler as Sky's father?"

I closed my eyes to control myself from slapping my little sister's mouth.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're talking to Sky's father again?" My mom chimed in.

I sighed. "It's a long story mom."

"Well, we have the whole two weeks to talk about that." My mom answered. "Now go on, spill the beans honey."

"It's nothing really." I replied just for the topic to stop because I bloody don't want to tell my family about the lies I did.

"That's not what you said the first time Miss." My mom responds immediately. "Tell me everything, I want to know about his plans about my grandson. Or perhaps I want to talk to him personally."

Oh god! This is getting worse! Guess this is the karma biting me off for lying to Tyler.

Damn it!