12. Keya

I’m desperate, again.

Now is the right time to properly ask for Tyler’s help.

I am now, homeless. Yes, you’re right! I am homeless.

The fucking tornado hit my apartment building, forcing me and the rest of the lodgers to pack up and look for some new place to stay. I have nowhere else to go, and I don’t have enough savings to rent an apartment downtown. Or even stay on a hotel or hostel for days until I find an affordable apartment or until the dorm house is fixed.

Based on how wreck the building was, I totally need a new place to stay the whole school year.

The roofs of the building was gone, all the windows were shattered, there are walls that has huge cracks on it and there are parts where it was completely shattered. Accordingly, there was no casualties on the said chaos since everybody was able to get out of the building right before it hit the building.

The only damage my room has was the windows, so all of my things are still intact and none of which are completely damaged. After my landlord called me at the office that day, our department chairman was kind enough to let me come home to take care of my things and look for a place to stay.

I checked in on a hostel near the campus for three days, I’m about to check out first thing tomorrow and I absolutely don’t know where to go.

My friends can’t help me with my situation either, Jessy is staying on her brother’s apartment downtown that he shares with his girlfriend it would be awkward if I’ll go with her, Amanda’s house has also got affected by the said tornado so they are currently checking in on a hostel too until the renovations are done. Lily offered me to stay on the one-bed apartment she shares with her boyfriend but I refused to because I don’t want to disturb the two of them.

So I have left with no choice but to call Tyler and ask for a place to stay. He’s responsible with my baby so he’ll surely give me some place to stay that’s for sure. He can’t be that cruel by letting me and his future baby to be homeless right?

After I texted Tyler the address of the hostel where I am staying. I couldn’t help but cross my fingers the whole time as I laid in bed, praying that he’ll help me. Few more minutes passed, someone knocked on my door. I immediately opened it and Tyler is standing outside. He abruptly entered and closed the door behind him as he studies the whole room where I am currently staying.

Obviously, it is filled with my trunks, three boxes filled with school stuff and books that I thankfully recovered. Plus two boxes that contains some of my other things. I thank god that my room weren’t really that wrecked unlike the others which made some of their valuable things damaged by the tornado.

“My car can’t fit all of your things.” He said without any hint of emotion on his face, I don’t know if he is annoyed, felt pity over me or just don’t really care. “Just bring your important luggage and I’ll just order a hauling company to move your things at my house.”

I blinked twice or thrice after hearing what he just said. “Yo-your house? You’re letting me stay at your house?”

“Don’t feel too special. You’re going to be staying there only because of the baby.” He said firmly which squeezed my chest so hard. Why do he have to be so harsh?

He gave me few minutes to pack some of my things to bring with as he calls for a hauling company. Later on, we hit the road heading to his house. The thirty minute drive from the hostel down to his place is only but dead silence, neither of us talk. Not until we entered a massive gate heading to a huge house, that’s when I finally break the silence.