For Family

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

WARNING: Scenes of violence.

Amara

"Get away from my baby!" I rushed inside the room, shoved Beenish aside so hard that she fell onto the ground, before elbowing the man hard in his stomach, making him stumble back away from Minahil's cot.

We've all heard of adrenaline, of a mother lifting up a car to save her child's life due to it. I felt like I knew exactly what it was now, as I stood protectively in front of my daughter's cot, acting like a wall between her and these two shameless and pathetic people.

The man was a quick thinker, it seemed. He seemed to type away on his phone and I heard the familiar sound of a message being sent on WhatsApp. 

Shaking with rage, I snatched his phone out of his hand. 

"Give that back away to me, you b***h!" The hugely built man glared at me, taking a step towards me. 

Meanwhile, I quickly deleted the photo of Minahil he had just sent to some guy name 'Shiraz', by clicking 'delete for everyone'. As the man lunged for me, I panicked. I wanted to throw his phone out of the window, but I didn't want to leave my daughter unprotected. "BEENA!" 

"Give that to me!" The man grabbed my wrists. 

"You have no right to take photos of my daughter!" I snapped at him. 

He painful twisted my wrists, causing me to scream, and the phone dropped from my hand. Thinking quickly, I kicked the phone under the cot, a place that was hard to reach.

A string of swear words in Urdu escaped his mouth but I wasn't going to be intimidated. I had to keep Minahil safe.

"Chalo yahan se." Beenish told the man, panicked. "Yeh bade logon ke haathon main hoti hai police. Abhi aajaye gi."

*"Let's go from here."
"These rich people have the police under their control. They'll arrive any moment."

Beena came into the room and she gasped, horrified. "What is he doing here, Beenish?" 

"He just wanted a photo, Appi." Beenish told her, sheepishly.

"I will kill you!" I glared at her. "How dare you?" 

"How dare you speak to my wife like that?" The man wrapped his hand around my throat, squeezing it tightly.

"Bhai, let her go, for Allah's sake!" Beena begged, rushing towards us.

I was being strangled, the lack of oxygen making me desperate and terrified. Ya Allah, please keep my Miha safe. If anything happens to me, they'll harm her. Please protect my daughter. Ameen.

Beena tried to hit her brother-in-law, trying to remove his grip from around my neck, but in vain. "Leave her!"

Everything seemed to be fading out. I was going to die, there was no doubt of that.

But when death isn't decreed by Allah, nothing or nobody else on Earth could ever bring it about.

I'd forgotten about one other person who had been in the house that time: Nausheen Ammi. 

"Let her go!" My mother-in-law's furious voice startled the man, causing him to let go of me. Frankly, I'd never heard her use that tone of voice. We all turned to see her in the doorway, holding a knife from my kitchen. Her hand was visibly trembling, but she looked determined as she stepped forward.