Rift

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

TWO WEEKS LATER

Maheen

"Welcome home, Bhabi." Rabia Bhabi opened the door to my new bedroom.

A whole lot of drama, action and romance later, here I was, in my new home.

As decided, the day Ammi moved into care home, I moved here.

"Let me know if you need anything, okay?" Rabia Bhabi smiled at me.

"Please don't call me Bhabi. Maheen is fine." I told her, politely. "You're my jethani. You can say my name."

"As Ismael always says, 'Respect has no age'. We can be respectful to people both older and younger than us." She waited as I examined the room.

It was a huge room, with floor-to-ceiling windows that had a soft rug and large floor cushions placed beneath them- an ideal place to sit and have coffee in. One whole wall of the room had built-in wardrobes, and a door on the side led into the en-suite bathroom. On one side of the large windows was a beautiful dressing table, with bottles of designer cologne...and new bottles of designer women's perfumes. My eyes skimmed past it all and landed on the large king-sized bed. Above it was a beautiful chic abstract painting, the kind that was probably worth thousands. It was a gorgeous room.

There was a knock on the door and Amara and Dania Bhabi entered, both smiling.

After hearing about the attack on Arhaan Uncle, Ibrahim Bhai had flown over his whole family to Pakistan, worried sick about his father. Amara had accompanied them as she was making herself sick while crying about her beloved Papa.

It was beautiful that Armaan's whole immediate family got to attend my rukhsati.

"How does it feel, Bhabi?" Amara asked.

"I can't believe it." I replied, honestly. "This feels like a dream. A beautiful, crazy dream."

Dania Bhabi went and stood beside Rabia Bhabi, while Amara placed a hand on my elbow.

The atmosphere was nice and warm, and everyone was welcoming. But I looked at the clear closeness between my jethanis and my Nand, and I hoped that one day I could be a part of their little group.

Dania Bhabi was elegant and stylish, with a western sense of fashion. However, even in eastern wear (as she wore right now), she looked like a model. Ma Sha Allah. Whereas, Rabia Bhabi was cute and innocent, with a more modest sense of fashion. Wearing a lavender lace sari, and a heavy silver jewellery set that belonged to Afreen Sheikh once upon a time, she looked like a true eldest daughter-in-law right now. Those two Bhabis, generally speaking, were a stark contrast between East and West, although both were British born and had lived in the UK their whole lives.

Meanwhile, I wore a golden gharara with sequins and tiny beads all over, and a red net dupatta with a golden border and tiny gold beads dotting it all over. This outfit had been gifted to me by my mother-in-law.

 This outfit had been gifted to me by my mother-in-law