Are We Meant To Be?

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

I'm loving the song above: 'Baazi' by Sahir Ali Bagga & Aima Baig.

*

Zaid

It was raining and I was standing in the shelter of the car porch, sipping from my mug of coffee, watching the beautiful weather. I had asked my mother if I could message Noor and asked her about what she wanted, personally. I knew it was wrong for me to go behind my parents' backs and approach her myself. 

"Zaid?" Mamma said from the front door, and I turned to glance at her over my shoulder. "Zoya said you can message Noor. But remember the limits of our religion, okay?" 

I smiled at her, nodding. "You can trust me."

When she disappeared into the house, I slipped my phone out of my pocket, wondering what to write. Should be direct, or should I ease into that question? I took a deep breath, sat down on the step leading inside, and set my mug down beside me before typing. Just be straightforward and simple.

<Zaid: Hey, Noor. How do you feel about this decision? Just to let you know that there's absolutely no pressure from me, and if you don't want these there won't be any hard feelings.>

I didn't want to make things awkward for her, so it was easier to simply reassure her that I won't be offended if she said 'no'.

<Noor: The fact that our parents have already set up a date to meet should give you my answer, Mr Homicide Detective :) Or is that not a big enough clue for you?>

My heart skipped a beat, and I automatically smiled.

<Zaid: Trust me. I'm much better at my job, despite my silliness just now. As long as you're happy with this, I'm very happy as well.>

<Noor: I would never agree to something which I'm unhappy with.>

I looked up at the thick grey clouds in the sky. It made me think of Noor's words. "As I always say, bad days are like grey clouds, they come and go, but they don't permanently take the sunshine away. Eventually, the rays peer through, and the skies are clear again."

In a world this dark, her words almost sounded like a fairy tale. 

But in that moment, as I realised that things were starting to move forward between me and Noor, I could almost picture that ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds, bringing Noor (light) into my life.

****

Muraad

I was practicing my batting in the training hall. The machine was spouting out the ball, and I was hitting it with my bat, sending it flying all over the hall.

Although I was considered an all-rounder, batting was my favourite. For me, it was the best way to relieve tension. However, it was a different case altogether if the game ended up depending on my batting, like in the last few minutes of a match.

"Bas yaar, itna ghusa kyun?" My teammate and friend, Irfan Khalid entered the hall, smirking.

*"Enough, bro, why so much anger?"

Side note: Is it really a Pakistani cricket team without an 'Irfan'? :D

"Kal decider match hai, yaar. Final main jaana hai ya ghar." I sighed. "It's a lot of pressure."