A World Away

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

Amara

"Catch!" Muraad tossed something at me.

I instinctively reached out, cupping my hands and caught the item. Keys. Car keys, to be more specific. "OUT! Amara Muraad has caught the ball, and Muraad Azeem's streak is over! Pity that he couldn't make a century this match!" I grinned, raising my arms dramatically.

It had been a busy day for us. First, we picked up Nausheen Aunty in the morning, took her out for breakfast and then shopping as Muraad wanted to get some last minute things. I couldn't help noticing how Aunty was such a down-to-earth and simple woman for a mother of a cricket superstar. Wearing a white floral kameez, with a plain white shalwar and a white dupatta that was draped over her head, she walked quietly beside us, clutching the strap of her cream colour purse. 

Once we were done with shopping, Aunty wanted to go home so we dropped her off before heading to my parents' house. He wanted to say goodbye to my family before he left.

Mama was the only one home, but she gave him loads of blessings and he reassured her that I could come and stay with my parents for as long as I wanted, and that he wasn't going to be all moody husband about it.

And now he was about to leave for the airport and I was trying not to cry.

"Why are you giving me these?" I looked at him before glancing down at the car keys again.

"Use my car when I'm away. When I come back, we'll get you a new car. My car has bulletproof tinted windows, and it will be useful for you to avoid the media." He explained.

I hadn't brought my car along, as per Mama's advice. She didn't think it was a good idea, and I agreed. It didn't look good since Muraad had strictly refused jahaiz (dowry), and to bring along a car that technically Papa had paid for seemed like jahaiz.

I grabbed his phone and swiped up to open the camera and took a selfie of myself. I was wearing my Pakistani cricket shirt with black jeggings. My hair was up in a high ponytail in a green pony, and I had even bought a mini flag, completing my look as the official cheerleader of Muraad Azeem. 

Muraad came up behind me, wrapping his arm across my stomach and I took a selfie of the two of us, smiling. He kissed my cheek and I captured that moment as well. 

"Don't show these photos to anyone. Mama kehti hain nazar lag jati hai." I said. "These are only for you and me to see." 

*"Mama says that you get affected by evil eye." 

"Don't worry. I'd never show our photos to anyone." He took his phone from my hand and tossed it aside on the bed before turning me around. "I'm going to miss you a lot, Amore." 

"I'll miss you too, mere dil ki Muraad." I didn't care how cheesy it sounded. It was our thing. He was my man and I had a right to give him adorable nicknames.

"You know what?" He grinned and placed the index and middle fingers of his right hand over his heart, joined together. "If you ever see me do this on TV, consider it a message for you." 

"And what would that message be?" I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Use your imagination. Whatever turns you on the most at that point in time." He kissed my forehead.

My cheeks turned red and I dropped my gaze. 

"I'm kidding. It would mean that your support means the world to me, and so do you." His voice was barely above a whisper as he rested is forehead against mine.