Light of My Life

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

*

For qanootshahid14 who wrote a whole article on why Ahad is so amazing!

There was a whole battle going on regarding this, with the fight between Ahad and Fawad.

So, that got me thinking...

Who is your favourite male lead in the FOL series?

And who is your favourite female lead?

*

Noor

I cleared my entrance exams with flying colours, despite my reservations. 

I had decided that I chose to purse paediatric dentistry, meaning that I would specialise in children's dental health. I was already good with kids, as proved by my former business with Bilal.

We were back in Lahore now, and tomorrow I was going to stay at my parents' house for a few days. I was in our room packing up my necessities, while Zaid was working on his laptop, a frown on his face.

"Why are you looking like you were just sent a friend request by Voldemort?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm just trying to figure this case out." He sighed. "Perfectly normal loving family, the couple and their six-years-old son found dead in their beds. No sign of breaking and entering, or no sign of violence at all." 

My eyes widened. "That's horrible." 

"The world is a horrible, dark, miserable place." He shook his head, typing away. 

I sat down on the bed beside him, slowly reaching out and pinching his stubble-covered cheek. "Is it? Open your eyes and look a little harder, and maybe you'll see a rainbow between the grey clouds." 

He looked at me, and a small smile appeared on his face.

"We can't lose faith in humanity, no matter what, Zaid." I said. "I know darkness and evil is increasing, but the only reason we're all still here is because of the existence of goodness as well. If bad people commit brutal crimes like that, there are good people like you and Zafar Papa out there, fighting for justice." 

"I know you're right, Cupcake." He sighed. "But we've faced so much darkness, Mamma has faced so much, that I can't help but feel pessimistic." 

"We need to count our blessings, rather than mourn the past." I put my hand at the back of his neck. "The world has seen dark history, but it moved on, because we have no choice but to move on. We just use that history to learn lessons, to make ourselves stronger, and to improve ourselves for the future. But we can't let that dark past impact a potentially bright future."