I didn't reply instead I pulled Diana closer and kissed her relaying all the emotions I was feeling in that one kiss. I didn't know if she could tell but she kissed me back with the same fervour.

"I love you."I whispered caressing her lower lip with my thumb after we pulled apart.

"I love you."Diana echoed pecking my lips lightly.

Oh yeah we had also confessed our love for each other which had me on cloud nine. I still couldn't believe Diana felt the same about me. I had sort expected her to wait a while before saying the words back but when she confessed her love for me, everything in my life at that moment made sense. With Diana's love I could do anything, live through the worst of the worst and conquer all. All that was left to do was marry her but that topic would have to wait a little longer before I chased her off by coming on too strong.

While Diana reapplied her lipstick I texted Jamila that we were outside. They joined us a few minutes later taking the back seats of the Hellcat.

"You guys look beautiful."Diana complimented turning around to face them.

I agreed with Diana, Jamila was wearing a black long sleeved chiffon dress with heart patterns all over it while Nuru was in a grey checked dress with a pink belt matching her pink headband.

"Thank you and you two look like a celebrity couple. Diana, good job on dressing him in anything other than jeans and a hoodie "Jamila commented.

"I dressed myself thank you very much."I retorted.

"Look at you being such a big boy."Jamila mocked in a baby voice making Diana laugh.

"Okay enough, let's get going before I leave you all and go alone."I threatened driving back into the main road.

"As if you'd ever."Jamila retorted sarcastically but she was right, I'd never face my family alone.

I wasn't scared of them, not in the least, I was just afraid of the damage my mouth would cause if left to run free unchecked. That's another reason why I was taking Diana with me, she would make sure I didn't say anything I would regret later on.

Jamila and I had told Nuru about our family but only the basics. Them having left for Egypt actually helped with our story since it explained their absence. We would tell her the ugly truth when she was older but for the sake of the visit we had filtered out a lot of details for her sake. She was too young to have her heart filled with hate for a family she didn't really know. They weren't worth knowing but she would have to make up her own mind about them.

"Are you sure we're heading in the right direction?"Diana asked looking around.

"Yeah, I'm sure."I replied knowing exactly why she was asking me that.

"So exactly how rich are your parents?"Diana inquired.

"You'll see for yourself."I replied with a shrug.

"Pro tip Diana the family is very huge so don't bother catching their names, we probably won't be here for long."Jamila advised her.

"Okay got it but you guys shouldn't be so negative you never know, maybe they'll surprise you."Diana replied.

Jamila met my eyes in the rearview mirror and we had the same look on our faces, unbelief.

"Don't get your hopes up, once a snake always a snake."I commented unable to keep the icy tone out of my voice.

I wasn't expecting much from my estranged family, all I wanted was peace. We would go in there, speak our minds, unburden our souls and leave knowing that we were finally free.