Chapter Forty

DIANA'S POV

The Kenyan justice system sucked and I couldn't stress that enough. I'd spent all morning and a good part of my afternoon trying to get Kareem out of jail. I'd spent more money than I actually needed to but it was all worth it as long as Kareem didn't spend another night behind bars. I'd been worried sick all weekend, driving myself crazy wondering how he was doing. When Kareem had called me to inform me that he had been arrested for fighting with Kyle I wasn't even that surprised. Kyle had been looking for a fight all night and it looked like Kareem had given him one. I couldn't even be mad at Kareem for getting arrested, if he'd hit Kyle it's because the prick had done something to deserve it.

I'd been at the police station by eight am in the morning ready to get my man but it was already three in the afternoon and he was yet to be released. Kareem had requested that I don't involve anyone especially my family in getting him out and I'd done just that. If he had allowed me to ask for Ashton's or my dad's help he would have been out already but I didn't want to go against his wishes.

"Mbona hamjamwachilia hadi saa hii, nimekuwa hapa kutoka saa mbili asububi na nishalipa bail yake."I asked one of the officers behind the desk.

Why haven't you released him yet? I've been here since eight am and I've already paid his bail.

"Madam tulia mtu wako ataachiliwa tu saa hii."The officer replied arrogantly.

Calm down madam, your man will be released soon.

"Mmekuwa mkisema hivo tangu asubuhi, nataka kuongea na OCS."I demanded.

You've been saying that since morning, I would like to talk to the OCS.

My request made him freak out a little bit because his eyes widened in alarm. I knew they weren't following protocol that's why I'd threatened to talk to his boss. I wasn't bluffing either, he either served my needs or I'd report him.

"Sasawa madam tupee thirty minutes tukutolee mtu wako."The officer said finally giving in.

Okay madam give us thirty minutes to bring you your man.

"Nangoja hapa nje, thirty minutes, kama hatakuwa ametoka narudi hapa."I replied before turning on my heel and and walking out of there.

I'll wait outside, if he isn't outside in thirty minutes, I'm coming back.

I walked across the dirty police station courtyard and towards the Hellcat. I unlocked it and took a seat in the driver's seat my legs dangling outside the car as I leaned back on the seat closing my eyes. I took off my sunglasses and rubbed my eyes in exhaustion and frustration. I probably shouldn't have brought the car with me, the officers saw an expensive car and all that could think of was how much money the could squeeze out of me.

I'd already posted Kareem's bail, bribed the officers and even threatened a few for delaying me but that didn't make them work any quicker. They had taken advantage of me because I was a rich young girl to them and I was alone. Well if they didn't release Kareem in thirty minutes like they had said I would walk in there a different woman, not the sweet girl they had been dealing with all day.

I'd taken the day off from work giving Salome some lame excuse about Kareem being sick. I'd also called the Autoshop for him to let them know that he would not be going in. The only person who knew what was actually going on was Jamila. I'd forgotten all about church the previous day and she had dropped by to check up on us. When she found Kareem missing I didn't have a choice but to tell her the truth. She had accompanied me to pick up the Hellcat at the club and stayed with me all day. I'd had to drop Nuru off at school myself since Kareem wasn't there to do it himself. Nuru also knew that her uncle was sick thus why he couldn't drop her off. I wasn't going to stress her out by telling her that her favorite uncle had been arrested. Telling her would raise a lot of questions that I didn't have answers to.