Chapter Fifteen

DIANA'S POV

The first thing that I noticed when I stirred awake was the pounding in my head and the weird taste in my mouth. The scent around me kicked in afterwards and I realized that there was something different but at the same time familiar about the sheets I was lying in. I took a few minutes to gather my thoughts and try to remember where I was. The pounding in my head wouldn't allow me to think too hard so I threw the huge duvet off me and sat up on the bed.

Yeah I was definitely not in my apartment because instead of the white, pink and light grey of my room, I was met with nothing but black and dark grey. The bed I was sleeping on was also not exactly a bed but seemed like a mattress laid on a couple of raised wooden planks.

All my stuff was on a chair besides the bedside drawer which meant I hadn't been robbed. I also wasn't wearing my dress but a baggy t-shirt that smelled like Kareem. Once that name came to mind, bits and and pieces of the previous night flashed through my mind. I was in Kareem's place for some reason, wearing his clothes and sleeping in his bed. The obvious thought would be that after the club we took the after party home and had sex but I was more logical than that. I decided to not jump into conclusions so I got out of bed to understand more of the situation I was in.

The apartment was weird since it seemed like it was just one huge warehouse transformed into living quarters. There were stairs leading up to the top part where the bedroom was with only his bed, closet, bedside drawers and a TV mounted on the wall. I walked down the stairs, barefoot and still in the t-shirt that thankfully reached mid thigh. The lower part was an open lay out living room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom at the furthest end. Everything was made of hard wood, there was another TV, a sound system and a gaming console. The lower part had the same dark theme as the top.

Walking into the kitchen that looked untouched I found a glass and fetched some water from the tap. I downed it in one go and it helped with my parched throat. Fully awake, I remembered the whole night and thanked my angels that I hadn't embarrassed myself too much. I should not have allowed Manuel to talk me into drinking but I'd had fun so I didn't regret it that much. I only felt bad that Kareem had to deal with my stupid dance moves. He also had to take care of me since I passed out. Speaking of my Knight in shining armor, where was he?

I was about to head back upstairs to get my phone when I heard the rumbling of the Hellcat engine. I looked around and saw Kareem drive into a separate part of the loft and stop besides the GTO. His place was definitely a bachelor pad and he was seemingly living the best life.

"Look who's up!"Kareem exclaimed getting out of his car with several bags in hand.

I felt awkward waking up in a mans home since it had never happened to me before. I shifted from foot to foot looking at Kareem awkwardly.

"Good afternoon."He greeted walking past me but not without pausing to kiss my cheek.

It took me a few minutes to get over the daze of him kissing me for his words to register in mind.

"Did you just say afternoon?"I asked shocked turning around and following him into the kitchen.

"Yeah it's already half past noon."Kareem replied.

"Shit! I missed my shift at the cafe. Salome will be worried or pissed or both."I exclaimed.

"It's okay she called your phone when you failed to show up and I picked up to explain to her the situation. She demanded that I take care of you and make sure to tell you to call her as soon as you woke up." Kareem replied.

I sagged in relief because I was not ready to handle any more of Salome's wrath. Besides that I was also surprised that I was able to sleep past midday. The latest I'd ever woken up was eight am, never later.