Chapter Thirty Eight

**Unedited**

DIANA'S POV

It took us half an hour to get to the club Silas had chosen for us. It was actually nice and pretty laid back. The music was nice and not too loud and it didn't have that many people in it even if it was on a Saturday.

"We did a club scene here once some time back and I liked the place so I tend to come here a lot when I can."Silas explained leading us to a table.

Thankfully all nine of us fit in the booth so we didn't have to split our group and sit separately.

"So what will everyone be drinking? First round is on me."Silas asked as he called a waitress over.

Everyone blurted out their orders while Kareem and I just asked for soda. I'd had enough alcohol for one day and besides we had church the following day.

"You two are a buzz kill."Fabian commented looking at our drinks disapprovingly when they were delivered.

"Or you guys are being stupid, you do know that mom will need all of you to be in the church service by eight tomorrow morning right."I reminded them and they all lamented in protest.

"We're grown men and women, it's a wonder we still let her boss us around like that."Walter commented making me laugh.

"Oh you wish bro, you're going to be under mom's rule until you get yourself a wife, Ashton is a free bird and so am I."I reminded him.

"Yeah I'm still mad at you by the way, you left us hanging out to dry."Walter scolded.

"I know but I didn't want to hide behind my books anymore like you hide behind your laptop."I retorted.

Walter scowled at me unimpressed by my opinion. I had been honest with though, Walter was nerdier that I was which was saying something. He dated but only casually. He liked working a lot and when when he wasn't at work he was either with his family or working on some project. The dude has two doctorates already and it didn't seem like he would be stopping any time soon.

"I still haven't found the one yet."He defended with a shrug.

"If you say so."I replied smiling at him.

I lay back and cuddled into Kareem's side who put his arm over my shoulder and kissed my hair.

"Today actually went better than expected, thank you for being my partner today."Kareem whispered so only I could hear.

"It's not over quite yet so don't jinx it but you're right so far so good, thank you too for suggesting we do this, everyone loved the idea."I replied kissing his arm.

Kareem and I were not perfect and honestly I didn't want us to be perfect, I wanted us to be us. As long as I had him by my side, even when he drove me crazy to the point where I wanted to pull out my hair, we would always be okay. I loved him and he loved me and that was a very strong foundation for our relationship.

"Okay I am going to pee."Jamila announced a little too loudly as she got up.

Everyone around the table laughed as she stumbled to get up she leave the booth. They were honestly just as drunk as she was if not more.

"Okay girlfriend, let's go, I'll take you."I offered untangling myself from Kareem's arms.

"Thank you darling, you're an angel. Isn't she an angel Kareem?"Jamila asked wrapping her hand around my shoulders.

"Yes she is."Kareem confirmed smiling at me.

I smiled back before looping my hand around Jamila's waist and leading her to the bathroom. Thankfully there was no line so I just stood outside the stall and let her do her business.