Chapter Forty Two

**Unedited**

DIANA'S POV

I left the police station with one goal in mind, to go see Kyle and set things straight. He had to stop whatever nonsense he was doing and man up enough to accept that we were done. Kareem was my future now and I would be damned if I let my past interfere with that. I thought I was done getting Kareem out of jail but Kyle just had to strike again with another stupid ass reason. He thought that putting Kareem in prison was going to make me leave him, not possible. Kareem was my ride or die, we would be together to the very end.

It wasn't even that hard to find out where Kyle lived. The asshole liked to brag a lot on his facebook page and had posted where he lived for everyone to see. It took me an hour to get there and I had to agree that he had done well for himself ever since we broke up. The apartment building he lived in was pretty luxurious and had some fancy car's parked out front. At least he wasn't putting Kareem behind bars just so I could bribe him. He was just being petty and foolish.

I asked the first tenant I saw what house Kyle lived in and he was only too happy to help me out. I took the stairs to the second floor as I'd been instructed and found Kyle's door. After taking a deep breath and composing my thoughts I knocked. The door was opened a few moments later by Kyle's wife as advertised by his Facebook photos. She was a beautiful woman with big brown eyes, dark skin, short hair and a curvaceous figure. Seeing her made me wonder why Kyle was going after me when he has such a beautiful wife. She didn't seem to recognize me which meant she had no idea who I was. That was good since it would complicate the story less.

"Hi is this Kyle Mutiso's home?"I asked just to be polite even if I knew that it was.

"Yeah, I'm his wife, how can I help you?"She replied.

"I'm so sorry to barge in on you like this but I was visiting a friend in the building and as I was leaving I accidentally bumped his car. I didn't want to leave just like that so I asked around and was directed here. I would like us to exchange insurance information so I can get it fixed."I rambled out hoping she'd buy my fake story.

"Wow that's very courteous of you, most people would have just left."She replied with a smile.

"I was raised right, so is Mr Mutiso in, I would like his insurance information."I repeated myself.

"Yes he is, come on in please."She offered.

"Oh no thank you I don't want to stay long, I'm in quite a hurry."I rushed out.

I didn't want to enter their home, that would be wrong in so many ways.

"Well okay then, give me a moment to call him."She said.

I nodded and watched as she walked back inside the house leaving the door slightly ajar. I could hear the sound of cartoons on the TV reminding me that Kyle had kids too. It got me wondering why he was being stupid when he has such a wonderful family. He really needed to grow up.

It didn't take long before Kyle came out and the surprised look on his face was priceless. He had a black eye from where Kareem had punched him and for some reason it made me proud of Kareem in a way. I didn't condone fighting but Kyle had clearly deserved it.

"Diana?"Kyle asked surprised.

"Mr Mutiso, it's so nice to meet you. I really I'm sorry that we have to meet like this. I don't know if your wife has mentioned why I'm here."I replied hoping that he was smart enough to play along.

"Yes...yes . You hit my car."He stuttered.

"Yeah I am so sorry about that. If you would please accompany me to the parking lot so we can exchange insurance information as you look at the damage, I'll really appreciate it."I added.