Chapter Thirty Four

KAREEM'S POV

"Still no word from her?"Jamila asked when she saw me looking at my phone for the nth time during supper.

I shook my head before shoving my phone back in my pocket.

"Give her time, it's not that easy of a decision to make."Jamila consoled but it did little to ease my worry.

It had been a week since I'd asked Diana to move in with me but she hadn't given me an answer back. Each time I tried to bring up the topic she quickly changed it. She also didn't let me visit her at her apartment anymore and our conversations over the phone were short and weird. I felt like she was pulling away from me because of the proposal I'd made. I didn't want to loose her just because she wasn't ready. I was willing to wait for her but she wasn't talking to me.

"I'll pass by her place tomorrow after church so we can finally talk about it. I don't care if she's banned me from going there, I have to see her."I declared shoveling some food into my mouth.

"It's going to be fine. Diana loves you, she'll make the best decision for the both of you."Jamila encouraged.

I just grunted an inaudible response not really in the mood to talk about it. I finished my food quickly, watched TV with Nuru for half an hour before I put her to bed.

"You know if Diana agrees to move in with you, we won't see you as much anymore."Jamila commented sadly.

I hadn't really thought about it like that. With Diana in my home I wouldn't be able to see my sister and Nuru every night and morning like I was used to.

"I live five minutes away, we'll see each other a lot. Maybe less than now but I think we're all ready for that change."I commented.

"Yeah you're right but you'll have to find a way to break it to Nuru, you know how attached she is to you."Jamila reminded me.

"I know and I will. I'll still take her to school everyday, that won't change. Story time days will definitely reduce but I'll try and do it from time to time. She's also growing up and won't need me as much anymore. This is all if Diana says yes."I concluded with a frown.

"She will."

"You guys talk more often now, has she said anything to you?"I asked Jamila.

"No, sorry."She replied with a shrug.

"It's fine. Goodnight siz, I'll see you tomorrow morning when I pick you guys up for church. Don't be late like last time, you know I hate sitting at the back."I scolded Jamila.

"Yeah I know sorry, won't happen again. We'll be on time."She assured me.

"Great."I replied before grabbing my jacket and keys.

I left the apartment and got into my car heading to my place. It was a short drive since I lived very close to them. When I arrived I immediately noticed that something was off, there were too many cars parked outside my apartment. I had neighbors yes but only two of them had cars. Maybe there was a party in one of my neighbors home. I shrugged it off and hoped they wouldn't make too much noise. I was in need of a good night's sleep and loud music would just piss me off.

The lights to my place were on which was weird since I made sure to switch them all off when I left each morning. But I had also been preoccupied a lot lately so I probably forgot. I opened the garage doors and parked the hellcat next to the GTO making sure the garage door was closed securely behind me.

When I walked out of my makeshift garage and into my apartment space I noticed that everything around me was different. I almost questioned whether I was in the right apartment but the GTO proved that I was in my home though nothing was the same as it had been in the morning.