Chapter Eighteen

KAREEM'S POV

I kept glancing at Diana feeling like she would jump out of the car any minute or declare that she never wanted to see me again.

"You're doing it again."Diana scolded from the passenger seat next to me.

"I'm sorry I can't help it."I replied running my hand through my hair.

"It's been two weeks Kareem, I already forgave you. We're good so please let it go or drive me back home."Diana said looking very frustrated with me.

"Okay, I'll let it go."I assured her even though I didn't believe my own words.

Ever since I'd belittled Diana during the drag festivals, I hadn't been able to live with myself. I'd apologized so many times, Diana had to force me to stop. I was one hundred percent into supporting women and believing that they could do anything but that day I'd gone against my beliefs and looked down on Diana.

She had definitely proved me wrong which made me feel more guilty. She had surprised me by being an even better driver than I was. I guess the real reason I had been unable to support her was because I couldn't associate sweet, cute nerdy Diana with the badass I'd seen behind the wheel.

"You're still thinking about it aren't you?"Diana asked.

"It's hard not to. I feel like I really messed up with you that day and that you're just biding your time until you cut me off."I replied.

"I don't play such kind of games Kareem, if I didn't want to be here I would have already made it clear. We're good so either believe me or stop the car and let me get off."She demanded.

"Okay, I'm sorry and I mean it this time. No more apologies or sad looks, you've said we're good and I believe you."I said her words finally sinking in.

Diana had forgiven me, now I just needed to forgive myself so we could fully move on.

"Perfect, now can we stop somewhere to eat first before we go for the movie."Diana requested.

"Sure, what do you want to eat?"I inquired.

"Junk food please. Salome has finally decided to start losing the weight she gained while pregnant with Oliver. She has forced me to join in on her crazy diet routine and ridiculous exercises. I'm constantly hungry so tonight I'm filling up on junk food since she's not here to supervise me."Diana declared.

"You're wish is my command milady."I replied really feeling for her.

Diana was perfect the way she was, without losing any more weight so if junk food is what she needed I would make sure she got it.

I drove us to a fast food cafe a few blocks from the movie theatre we were going to. Diana walked in and I had to stop her from ordering everything on their menu. Salome really was starving my girl but she was not going to make herself sick on my watch.

"Sit down, I'll order for us and I promise not to mess it up."I assured her.

Diana looked at me skeptically before nodding and walking away to find a free table.

I made our order, paid then went to sit down with our drinks in hand as we waited for the food to be served.

"I thought you were going to bring food."Diana scolded.

"Patience, it'll take a few minutes."I replied.

She really did look miserable but she would have to what for a little while.

"Why don't you just say no to Salome?"I inquired.

"It's not that easy. Salome didn't have an easy pregnancy with Oliver. There were a lot of complications so she was mostly on bed rest leading her to gain a lot of extra weight. It's made her really insecure and even if she doesn't show it, it affects her. This is her way of telling me that she needs help and if weird diets and gym visits that I hate is the way I can help my best friend then so be it."Diana explained making me smile.