Chapter 48

"So she ended up giving birth to Damien because she wanted her family's inheritance?" I asked my father while looking at the glass of water. I wished I could have ordered a coffee but my pregnancy isn't a diet that I could cheat off.

When I found out about the relationship between Margaret and Damien I was confused so I asked my father since he was close to Alpha Frank.

"Indeed, Margaret hated the idea of settling with a partner, especially finding a soulmate. Her parents have practiced the opposite philosophy and to receive an inheritance from her grandparents she must look like she was settling down." My father explained in detail.

"Funny enough, even though she hated settling down with her soulmate who she had a kid with, recently she married a widowed Alpha who is rich and holds a powerful position in the council." My father sighed.

I guess that explains a lot why we didn't have Luna at our pack and also makes sense why Damien preferred to travel to another pack on the holidays rather than spending it here. As far as I know, the territory that Damien was sent to after the party incident is in Margaret's husband's territory.

'Looks like Damien didn't have an easy childhood either' I sighed at the thought. Then my expression changed. I shouldn't make excuses for him.

The past shouldn't dictate our actions. I was still embarrassed that I asked him to reconsider his action while he rejected me.

"How is Damien as an Alpha?" I asked my father. When we worked together I didn't have enough time to observe his ability and by that time my thoughts would often be occupied by Kai.

"His abilities are below what I have expected. Aaron and Eric are more reliable than Damien himself." My father sighed in disappointment.

"Aaron and Eric do most of the work, while Damien is just doing representational duties. The pack's profits started going down once Damien took over the position." Father explained to me. As a King that just does representational duties it sounds rather troublesome.

"I hope that Damien would either find his soulmate or find a Queen who will be reliable and that will also encourage Damien to work harder." At that point, I decided not to say anything.

"Anyhow, did you go to the doctor after that dinner?" My father decided to change his topic.

"Ah, yes." I awkwardly answered. I'm always awkward with informing personal news. I didn't expect that I would have to inform my father earlier than expected. I wanted to enjoy a little bit of pregnancy with Kai before informing my parents.

"What did the doctor say?" My father asked out of concern.

"He said that it's a normal reaction for a pregnant woman and he also wrote me a prescription," I informed my father. My father looked confused at first.

"How is it normal if the doctor had to write a pres-. Wait!" Then my father realized and stared for a bit.

"You're pregnant?" I just nodded in confirmation and smiled.

At that point, I had to make sure that my father wasn't too loud with excitement since we are in the public area. After my father calmed down I gave him a ride to his house. After I took my father to his destination I heard a ringtone.

I took my phone from my purse and saw that Kai sent me a message that said.

'Come to the restaurant that you once took me to on our first date.'

Then I instructed the driver to drive to the restaurant and then I replied to Kai that I will be there in 5 minutes.

It's been a long time since I've been there. It still brings me warm memories once I remember it.

When I finally arrived at the restaurant it still looked the same as far as I remember it.

I walked up to the receptionist.

"Hello, my husband is waiting for me at the table."

"Your husband's last name?" The receptionist asked.

"Mr.Lorelei," I informed. Then the receptionist led me to the table where Kai was sitting. When the receptionist left I kissed Kai on the cheek and I sat down on the opposite side of the table.

"How is father-in-law doing?" Kai asked me.

"He is doing fine. I also received the news of my pregnancy." I answered with a smile. I've never seen my father so excited.

"Oh, how did he react to it?" Kai asked me.

"When I was on the way to you he messaged me that he still can't believe that he is going to become a grandfather." I and Kai chuckled.

"That's good. I'm just afraid my mother will react more dramatically to the point she will organize a random festival in the name of the future grandchild." I chuckled. It is a very happy occasion for Empress Vivianne since there wasn't a royal grandchild in like three hundred years.

Then the waitress came and asked Kai to order food for me so he ordered a fresh apple juice and carbonara pasta.

"You know, I've been thinking maybe you should leave your position as a judge? I just don't think that you should be working that hard since you are carrying our child." Kai expressed his concerns.

I wanted to answer but Kai interrupted.

"If we do. We can have a second honeymoon on our way." This was one of Kai's methods in tempting me.

"Where will we be staying on our second honeymoon?" I then decided to play along.

"We will be staying in Dubai at the most famous hotel. I have a short meeting there." If my intuition is correct then we will be staying at the seven-star hotel. Kai's suggestions are very tempting but I have a feeling that I will regret leaving the pack with that condition.

"Tempting," I said with a sad tone.

"But what?" Kai asked, his eyes showing concern. I sighed I just can't continue keeping things to myself.

"I just feel something fishy is happening in the pack. If I don't investigate during the important period I might end up regretting it," I admit to Kai. He just smiles at me and puts his hand on my hand.

"I understand. If you need my help, tell me. Just don't do things on your own, don't be afraid to share some of your workloads with me." Kai then comforts me.

I smile as to how Kai is understanding and caring towards me. I remember how I hesitated to interact with him since I knew that he was romantically interested in me, but now I'm happy that I accepted his proposal on the balcony.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yesterday I forgot to upload the chapter I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter!