Chapter 22

The nerve-wracking day has come. It's the day when I will marry Kai and it's the day when I will start my 10-year journey.

After we completed the blood bond, Kai stayed with me and reassured me he will be the best husband during our 10 years of marriage, and I hope he will keep his word.

Currently, I'm at the temporary residence preparing for the wedding. I'm waiting till I have to leave the apartment while my assistants doing the final touch-ups.

I looked in the mirror, and I only see a princess who is about to get married. I was wearing a beautiful white ball gown dress with off-shoulders. With my blonde hair made into a gorgeous updo, there is also a tiara decorating my head. A tiara that has an intricate flowery design made by renowned artisans and lent by Empress Viviene. On my hand, there is a beautiful bouquet of white and beige roses.

My mother almost cried when she looked at me and I also wanted to cry with her, but since I'm marrying the prince, everything must look perfect so the media won't find any imperfections.

My grandmother entered the room.

"It's time for us to go." She informed.

My mother and my grandmother left since it's a tradition the bride must enter the church the last. I have to wait another twenty minutes until my carriage has arrived.

Empress Vivienne wanted to replicate the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. When I was a teenager had also dreamt of having the same wedding as the British royalty. Of course, there were few changes made in order not to be accused of copying from the humans.

Ironically, sirens liked to copy human inventions if they didn't exist in the siren's world.

With the help of the assistants, I and my dress safely reached the carriage.

Somehow the wedding ended up becoming showier which I didn't mind since everything was still tasteful.

The streets are beautifully decorated, the soft Naulorian wedding music started playing and the guards escorted my carriage in neat uniform.

During my wedding ceremony, no pod may travel in the same route that I was heading to the church. On the sidewalk, there is a crowd of people smiling and waving at me.

I also smiled and waved elegantly at the crown as I was instructed to.

Finally, I arrived at my destination, and one guard opened the carriage door for me. I elegantly stepped out of the carriage and started walking the aisle.

I walked to the aisle alone since originally I wanted to walk with my father and my step-father but I didn't want the media to speculate about my relationship with any of my fathers, so I walked to the aisle alone.

Once entered the church, everyone's gazes turned on me and the wedding marsh starting playing. I looked at the guest that arrived. Both of my families, friends from my pack and friends from the Medditerenian Kingdom.

Then my eyes met with Damien's for a moment. It did not shock me since I knew he has been invited since he was considered my 'childhood friend' and not my soulmate and, of course, I also invited Alpha Frank.

Then my gaze met with Kai's eyes that were filled with happiness and adoration. He wore the black uniform decorated with the medals and ribbons that he has earned. I have to admit he looked very handsome in the uniform.

Once I finally stood next to Prince Kai, he offered to hold my hand.

Then the priestess started the ceremony.

After the priestess said her speech, we exchanged our wedding vows about remaining faithful to one another. Then we each took a turn to put the ring on the finger. And then the moment had come.