Chapter 10

I looked at the mirror to see if I needed to do final touches to my hair or make-up before Prince Kai arrives. I did a simple make-up but added a light pink highlighter and neutral pink lipstick. I curled my hair and styled it into a beautiful ponytail.

I looked at the mirror satisfied before I heard my phone ring. I quickly grabbed my phone and pressed answer.

"Yes?" I answered.

" I hope I haven't interrupted you but currently in front of the packhouse." Kai politely said.

"Alright, I don't plan to delay you for very long." I replied.

"Oh, I hope so." Kai jokingly replied and I ended the call.

This was our first phone conversation. We would just text each other.

Kai would often text things like 'good morning!' or wishing me a good night. Our text conversations don't last long since we are both busy.

Though our text conversation often left me smiling and uplifted my mood.

I took my clutch that was matching my dress and locked my room before heading outside.

In the packhouse, there were few people left because they hurriedly preparing for the ball. Alpha Frank and Damien left early to greet important guests early on.

Outside Kai was waiting for me next to the car in the front seat there was a driver and his assistant seating. He wore a beige-colored tuxedo that was matching my beige-colored dress. 

Interestingly enough his beige tuxedo enunciates his brown and blue eyes.

He smiled when he saw me.

"You look wonderful!" Prince Kai complimented me I smiled at his words.

"You also look great!" I complimented him.

Then Kai opened a door for me and I got in the car. The driver took us to the venue.

During the ride, I and Kai shared small talk.

"You know it's kinda very rare to be invited to the ball that was hosted by humans or werewolves," Kai mentioned and I nodded.

Nowadays balls weren't so popular like it's was used to two centuries ago.

"Fun fact: Alpha Frank's heritage came from Austria. In Austria, there is still a tradition of having a ball season. As having some Austrian blood Alpha Frank trying to keep this tradition alive in our pack." I mentioned to Kai.

"Interesting, I guess that explains it." Kai affirmed.

Finally, we have arrived at the venue, from a distance classical music can be heard. Also, a new scent could be smelled that indicated a third pack has also joined to celebrate the friendship between three packs.

Prince Kai offered his arm and I compliantly curled my hand around his bicep.I was hoped to enter the venue calmly but that didn't happen, unfortunately. People looked at us as we were late to the ball but we were on time. I guess werewolves got curious about Kai's scent.

People were passing through information through the mind link like the nerve system to the source who was curious about our identity.

For those people who knew our identities. They had different expressions.

My father, Aaron and Alpha Frank had confused expressions. Damien was holding his jealous expression. There was also envy gaze towards me since Prince Kai is a siren and sirens exude an alluring charm that is meant to attract the attention of the opposite gender.

"Would you like to dance?" Kai's voice snaps me from continuing to watch people's reactions and the effect that Kai has. I smiled at him and said.

"It's my honor, your highness." I used his title since I wasn't comfortable with people speculating about our relationship further. Besides, even I don't know how to define our relationship. Kai's assistant politely offered to hold my clutch so I handed it to him.

On the dance floor, the were a few people dancing and there were also professional ball dancers that guests can try to copy their dance if they don't know how to dance.

Fortunately, when I lived with my step-father's family, I was given dance classes.

The only thing that is left is to find the perfect pace that would suit me and Prince Kai.

More people started joining the dance floor and that was a relief for now because not many people will be focused on us.

"I didn't know you could dance so well." Kai complimented me again and I smiled. His voice made me stop focusing on people's gazes.

"I thought that was an obvious fact?" I was referring to the time I told Kai that I was raised by the sirens for some time.

"Oh Evelyn, there are many things that I don't know about you." Kai told me.

"Nevertheless, I hope you will give me a chance to get to know you better." Kai then continued. Before I could reply the song was finished and everyone was clapping.

Alpha Frank climbed on stage to announce something.

"I'm glad that you all enjoying the theme of the ball. Now I'll invite you all to watch the Evaluation rankings. As you know this year is very important. The ones who will enter the top 10 rankings will have a chance to become the future King and Queen of werewolves" Alpha Frank announced.

The lights dimmed, the screen behind Alpha Frank turned on, the speakers that surrounded the ball played a theme song. Everyone got quiet and gazed at the screen curious who will enter the Top 10 rankings.

First, there was the announcement for male werewolves' evaluation.

Male werewolves are evaluated by their strength, IQ, and net worth. If they are an Alpha in their pack size is always taken to account in the score. It's isn't rare for Beta's to be present in the top 10 rankings if they have a lot of influence inside and outside of the pack.

The rankings were announced from the lowest to the highest.

"The 7th ranking is Damien Knight from Silver Forest pack." people started clapping and started congratulating Damien and Alpha Frank. There are a lot of packs in North America. Not all Alpha's can enter the Top 10.

I gave a quiet clap and Kai also politely clapped.

People started speaking among themselves so I could barely hear the names who got higher ranking the Damien's.

Fortunately, people got quiet when they were about to announce the female rankings. The criteria for females are very complicated since there are different factors combined.

I expected to get to the bottom half of the list of top 10, but till the 5th rank announced I guess it's isn't going to happen.

Tomorrow, I'm going to check the ranking I received to adjust my plans.

"The 3rd rank receiver is Evelyn Bonnet from Silver Forest pack." Suddenly I've heard the gasps of 'No way!'.

I got a higher rank than I expected.

Everyone was shocked that two people from our pack received top 10 rankings. Nevertheless, people congratulated me and I politely accepted their congratulations.

Kai also congratulated me but he also asked me a question.

"What does the ranking will mean for you?" Kai asked a question. I simply sighed before replying to him.

"I guess I will be receiving a lot of proposals to become someone's mate."

There is a chance that I could become a Queen of werewolves.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is chapter 10 I hope you enjoyed reading this story!

Which rank have you expected Evelyn to reach?

Any guesses what may happen next?

Vote :

A: Evelyn will attend the ball to choose her werewolf partner.

B: Evelyn will go back to siren world to choose her siren partner.

Comment down bellow which option you think it's happen.

See you later my alligators <3!