Chapter 29

In the morning I didn't have the best mood, maybe it's because of my yesterday's anxiety or what today I will have to experience.

"You know I can feel your nervousness?" Kai was the one who spoke and I didn't answer his question.

Were sitting in the dining room on the third floor and eating breakfast. After breakfast, Kai wanted to show me the Moonlight sanctuary.

"Don't be nervous, I'm sure your mind will change after the tour, if not then you can demand improvement. Or are you worried I might leave you there?" Kai teasingly asked and I just glared at him. Of course I wanted to growl too but it was ingrained to me that growling wasn't appropriate.

Then Kai stood and came over to me. He wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh my love, I just love you too much I will never do that to you. You shouldn't feel afraid to confront what doesn't align with your interests." Kai said.

His words of reassurance and touch confronted me but I was worried about the werewolves about what kind of fate awaited the she-wolves that were caught by the siren hunters.

Then Kai gently kissed my temple.

"I think the pod is waiting for us, let's go."

Kai was right, the transportation has been prepared for us. I was about to be confronted by the negative thoughts but Kai took my hand and squeezed gently.

Even when we got into the pod Kai wouldn't let me go out of my hand for our whole ride.

"I didn't mean to hide this from you, I planned to reveal it once you became more comfortable with your duties as the princess." Kai started and then continued.

"As the Princess of Nauloria, you will be representing werewolves that integrated into Nauloria."

I then looked at Kai's blue and brown eyes.

"So am I just a marionette for you?" I asked and Kai's expression changed into disbelief.

"Of course not, you are my dearest wife. If you ever feel like a marionette, please don't hesitate to tell me." It's hard to tell if he was lying or telling the truth.

Usually, he would be truthful to me but sometimes he would just reveal the whole truth. Either way, I still believe that he will uphold the promise.

Suddenly the pod starts to land and on the window, I can see the forest is surrounded by the fence. I believe the fence was either electric or had magical properties because behind the fence I could see wolves staring at it curiously.

"Ah, they are probably fascinated by the pod, since they rarely get to see them," Kai explained. That could be the case because pods don't exist in the human world.

Soon the pod arrived at the entrance where the representatives of the Moonlight Sanctuary. I greeted them with a nod and they greeted me respectfully by the etiquette rules.

I wasn't in the mood to talk with them so Kai talked with the sirens who were in charge of this place.

By far I could see that werewolves are allowed to go for a walk in their wolf form and they have a large territory to accommodate every werewolf.

"In here we accommodate she-wolves that were exiled from their pack." Kai started explaining.

"Against their wills," I muttered and Kai simply smiled in amusement.

"When werewolves get exiled they usually end up living in the forest for the rest of their lives and not many live in the human cities. Here we can provide everything from shelters, to medical help." Kai explained.