Chapter 14

In the quiet village in Italy, with the taxi, I have arrived at one of the portal hubs that would lead to the Mediterranean Kingdom.

The Mediterranean Kingdom is a sub-dimension of Earth because everything that happens on our Earth affects the kingdoms in the sub-dimension world. The underwater kingdom is considered a sub-dimension because it has two ways of entering the dimension.

The first way is to through a magic portal that can be found in the portal hub.

Or another way to find a natural portal in the sea or ocean. Of course, only mermaids and sirens can travel through that portal.

The portal hub is disguised itself as the hotel to avoid any suspicions from the humans.

In the hotel building, there were mostly sirens but you could also find among the traveler's werewolves and humans.

After passing the security checkpoint, I walked towards the clerk to get my ticket for entering the portal.

"Hello, I would like to travel to the Mediterranean Kingdom ." I politely asked the clerk.

"Permit and passport." The clerk asked and handed me my passport and permit. The clerk looked carefully for a few seconds and started entering my information into the computer.

"Nerropolis or New Athens checkpoint?" The clerk proceeded.

"New Athens, please." Then I started hearing the sound of the printer. The clerk gave me back my documents and also handed me a ticket.

"The portal is on the third floor in the A section." The clerk guided me and nodded before go to my section.

In the section there were guards was standing next to the portal to make sure that no one is entering illegally. I showed the ticket to the guards and they nodded before allowing me to go through the portal.

Before entering the portal I took my breath in and walked to the portal.

Long and behold, I'm now in the New Athens portal hub.

The New Athens portal hub is more lively than it was in the hotel. The building looked more like a terminal with cafes and duty-free shops.

Here I needed to pass a security checkpoint and verify my permit and ticket. Once I passed the security checkpoint I decided to order the coffee and drink it at the cafe. I paid with a credit card that is only usable in this dimension.

For some reason, the portal can still tire you out.

Before I found the place to sit down and drink the coffee my mother texted me.

Are you in New Athens yet? I've sent a butler to pick you up.

I guess I would need to finish drinking my coffee since the butler is probably waiting for me.

Sure enough, once I was at the entrance of the terminal I saw a butler was holding the sign with my name on it.

The butler looked young but as long as I remembered he always looked that since I was a child. As I know Samuel has served the Valencia household for about a century.

"Ah, long time no see, Miss Evelyn." Our family butler Samuel greeted me.

"Indeed, It's good to see you too, Samuel." I greeted him back.

"Is there anything new that happened in the household?" I asked Samuel as he helped to put bags in the car. Since the Siren dimension is more advanced than Earth in the Mediterranean you are only allowed to drive electric or cars powered by solar energy.

"I don't we had any grand news, except your cousin Dante got a job in the famous Naulorian research center." Samuel informed me and I nodded.

Since the Valencia family is pretty big I barely interacted with Dante. When I entered the household he was a university student so there was an age gap.

Well, it's better than having the age gap over 100 years with my other cousins, though I can't complain since I got along with them nicely.

After Samuel finished helping with the bags we go in the car. The car was similar to Tesla it's was a more advanced version of a Tesla.

I looked at the scenery behind the window of a car. New Athens is influenced by Greek architecture and I just like the King of the Mediterranean Kingdom decided to preserve that style of architecture.

This dimension has a lot of similarities to earth, yet it still has its unique charm to it.

I spotted the white mansion that is decorated with tall white columns and tall palm trees, surrounded by the fountain and bright blue pool.

This is the main Valencia residence.

The Valencia household is considered a pretty influential household in the Mediterranean Kingdom it's was all thanks to my step-grandmother's efforts.

Valencia household is known to be blessed with daughters, which is very beneficial since there is a shortage of brides among the sirens and provides an upper hand in marriage arrangements.

Not only that my step-grandmother always made sure that the offspring of the Valencia family had a superb education and provided a lot of resources.

Most importantly my step-grandmother welcomed me and my mother and treated me as one of her own providing me the same education that my cousins receive. Those years I was the happiest years I spent as a child.

Then I saw the black-haired woman was standing on the porch trying to hide her enthusiasm upon my arrival. That is my mother. Once I got out of the car my mother came to hug me.

Since my mother is marked by the siren, meaning her youth had stayed with year. Now at forty-eight years, she looks more like my sister than my mother.

"Oh Evelyn, Finally you've come to visit. I almost thought that you found a mate and decided to stay there." My mother joked at the end and I let out an awkward.

" If I have found the person that I'm willing to spend my life with, I would have told you, mom." I told a white lie. To be honest, I was planning to tell her about Kai tomorrow, since today I was pretty tired.

"How long you will be staying here?" my mother asked me.

"I don't know yet." I told her truthfully but my mother didn't question it and she simply smiled since she was happy that I came to visit her.

For some reason, I always felt at home in here.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Here is the Chapter 14! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Here is the map of the Siren's dimension. Of course this map is looks very familliar .

It has more lakes an rivers that isn't displaye on the map

Don't forget to vote and comment!

I will see you later my alligators! <3