Chapter 32

It's almost the middle of October. In Nauloria it's perfect weather since in summer I had to experience the constant heatwaves. Even though I have pools and air conditioner in the Glass Home residence, shifting into wolf form was hell in that weather.

As usual, I log on to one of the computers in the library and I see that I have received an email from Alpha Frank.

Dear Evelyn, I'm glad to hear from you. I think the last time we ever spoke at your wedding? Nevertheless, I'm happy to receive your email.

'A lot of months have passed since the wedding.' I sighed at the thought.

How are you? Is your husband treating you well? I've heard that sirens call you the 'The star of Nauloria' which I can guess you are loved by the people in Nauloria.

Recently that title was in the headlines and I was honored for people to call me that. Usually, sirens address the Emperor and Empress as the Sun and the Moon of the Empire, the crown princess or princess that married the crown prince is usually called the New Moon. Then the Star of Nauloria is given to the princess that isn't the first on the throne or married to the prince who isn't the first line to the throne.

Interestingly enough, the pack started doing very well since you've left. We have received a lot of requests from werewolves that want to work in our pack and also we started getting benefits from collaborating with the sirens. Maybe it's the fact you've married the Prince of Kai that we started having more influence in the council meeting. Our success has led our pack to be reevaluated and we have moved a few ranks up in the evaluation.

To be honest, I was surprised when I read that the Silver Forest pack started getting more and more successful to the point that it moved up in the evaluation rankings. I suppose the economy on the Silver Forest pack is booming right now. I guess the settlement for the sirens in the pack has finished being built.

I agree with your idea about setting up a publishing house for werewolves to publish their research to build an academic community. We recently have received a lot of manpower with relevant degrees to help to achieve this idea. With your investment and help, we can establish the idea in no time.

I'm glad that Alpha Frank agreed with my idea and I believe that he will keep his promise. This project will be received very well by the werewolf community, if everything goes well then the Silver Forest pack will receive unimaginable influence.

Then I replied to Alpha Frank and then I started checking the website of the journal that I wanted to enter my work. Already I have received the notification about my work.

Overall the editors and reviewers praised my work and asked me to edit some things before they publish my research paper.

In other words, my work has been accepted.

I felt very happy with the news and I couldn't wait to share it with Kai.

Lately, I've noticed that Kai rarely went on a business trip, the recent trips lasted about 2-3 days. Though I've never minded him being constantly busy with work since I was able to focus on myself more, it's been pleasing to spend my time with my husband recently.

When I saw the pod arriving at the residence I decided to go down to the first floor with the elevator.

Kai walked into the house with a grim expression on his face.

"What happened?" I asked Kai with concern. Kai only hugged me.

"Something happened, I will explain during the dinner," Kai explained to me. Then he went to his room to shower.

An hour has passed and we are currently sitting in the dining room. We both silently entered and none of us talked but I was waiting for Kai to start talking. Kai sighed and then he revealed.

"One of the Mermaid's states started revolting and demanding independence from the Empire," Kai revealed and I had no words on how to reply.

When writing papers about setting werewolf packs in Nauloria I often compared with the Mermaid state, outside conditions are similar. Though they aren't the pack creature they get a tax break as being the vassal state that is under Nauloria's control.

"Then it means that you will need to go, right?" I worriedly asked Kai.

Kai is also a general, there is a chance that he will be asked to subdue the rebelling Mermaid state.

"It's my duty as the prince." Kai sighed then confirmed.

"How long will it last?" It was a stupid question for me to ask but I didn't want him to be at war during the whole 10 years of our marriage. Though, I highly doubt that it will happen.

"I don't know, my dear," Kai said honestly. We then ate dinner in silence.

That night Kai decided to sleep in his room.

Since we have separate bedrooms we would often sleep in our bedroom but of course, nothing is stopping us from going to each other's rooms.

Kai would often come to my bedroom to sleep with me. I never visited his bedroom but I guess today will be the day that I will visit his bedroom.

After I changed my clothes into nightwear, I went to the opposite side of the hallway and I gently opened the door.

Luckily the door wasn't locked or otherwise, it would have been awkward.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

Here is Chapter 32!

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter ! ^-^