Chapter 35

Overall, six months have passed since Kai left to suppress the rebellion in the Mermaid state. Currently, it is March in Nauloria, it's still cold but the days have become brighter.

Kai was right the rebellion is going to take longer than anyone else expected but I wish him to be by my side.

In January not only did I receive my birthday gift from Kai but I also managed to present my graduation thesis about cryptocurrency in the siren's global economy. After I published my thesis, I have received a lot of offers to work on building a cryptocurrency hoping that the cryptocurrency that I will choose to work on will become the new main currency in Nauloria.

Overall, I'm glad that I currently have less work now. Previously, to gain information about how cryptocurrencies work I have to read books about how blockchains work.

Perhaps, I should look at the possibility of getting a Ph.D. in economics?

In any way, I should think about it since it's my day off and I wanted to spend this day just purely relaxing.

The temporary room that I have received is rather spacious so it has a big living room. While I was wearing a sheet mask I decided to watch tv.

Unluckily I've stumbled upon the news channel.

"The werewolves of North America currently have chosen the king, his name is Damien Knight ." At that moment I turned off the tv. I just didn't want to hear it anymore.

Alpha Frank told me through the email that the Silver Forest pack has been gathering a lot of influence after I left the pack and established the journal for research papers. It's helped to attract genius minds and thus it gives a boost of influence. With that amount of influence, it's gained the council's attention.

Though I hated the rule that the council must choose an Alpha who is a young adult instead of a wider range. I would prefer Alpha Frank to be the kind rather than Damien.

It's kinda disheartening to see that Alpha Frank's hard work will be handed to Damien who might destroy his hard work.

I turned on the TV but I changed the channel. It was another news channel but the current segment wasn't about Damien.

"The merpeople managed to overthrow the President of the Mermaid state and the leader has been chosen. The new leader has reached the truce with the Naulorian government and it looks like it's the end of the rebellion." The newscaster informed me and I blanked for the moment.

Kai told me in the letter that it will be hard to investigate since merpeople are wary of the sirens, thus there is no chance to spy.

Looks he didn't manage to investigate.

Mira will be upset by the news that her father was imprisoned and the new leader just suddenly stopped the rebellion.

'Mermaid state is our vassal state, we provide them their needed resources and protection and they fully obey the Naulorian Kingdom. If the new leader that overthrows the previous ruler is more compliant then there is no reason to investigate it.' I remember when Empress Vivianne explained the worst possible case.

To be honest, Kai is the one who checks up on the vassal states and makes sure to inspect them. Though it looks that after the rebellion there will be more spies circulating in Mermaid state.

If the rebellion has stopped does it mean that Kai will be coming soon?

I felt my heart tingling from the possibility. Though it was only a temporary marriage, I know that Kai is not just my temporary husband, he is more than that.

I just couldn't find the words to describe our relationship, yet.

Though even if we have to separate after the end of the marriage, I will cherish the moments that I've spent with him.

I decided to search for a channel that has more relaxing content.

At some point, I started to feel tired since by my habit I woke up early thinking that I had to work.

I decided to lie on my bed and have a nap. In a few minutes I was able to fall asleep.

In my dream I had started feeling a gentle caress on my face, I tried to move it but the caressing didn't stop so I just buried my face in the bedsheet.

Then I just heard a light chuckle.

I was refusing to wake up from my nap since I was in a deep sleep.

"Wake up my princess, I want you to take you back to our home." Kai softly whispered and then he gently kissed my forehead.

"Let me sleep." I sleepily muttered that my response surprised Kai since he wanted to surprise me in my sleep but he was failing.

"Didn't you say that you missed me?" Kai teasingly interrogated my sleeping state.

"Not the one who is currently haunting me in my dreams" I sleepily spoke and Kai chuckled while he didn't stop caressing.

"Do you often dream of me?" By then Kai is having fun listening to my sleep talk and interrogating me.

"Yes, now stop bothering me." Luckily Kai listened to my wishes and stopped bothering me. Perhaps he is now satisfied with my answer.

Instead, he lied down next to me.

Another twenty minutes passed before I started opening my eyes. I turned to the other side and I saw that Kai was next to me.

He wasn't sleeping but he was reading a book that I had on the bedside.

"When did you get there?" I softly asked him. Kai was so immersed in the book that he didn't notice that I was already awake when I turned.

Kai smiles at me when he finally notices that I was awake.

"I have arrived during the middle of your nap, I wanted to surprise you but were a grumpy sleeper." Kai sheepishly grinned.

I moved closer to Kai and put my arm on his torso but Kai put his hand on my hand and moved closer to his chest.

"Is this a dream?" I asked.

"It's not a dream, my dear," Kai said as he kissed my forehead once more.

I felt bliss to finally be next to Kai.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Guess who came back! That is right Kai has finally came back! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter.

Now I hust remembered what kind of scene awaits you at the Chapter 36 . Wanna take any guesses?

That it for now!

Don't forget to leave a vote and comment ^-^

And I will see you later my alligators