Mistletoe/Fives

Happy Holidays loves <3

~

Being on leave for the holidays was fun until the boredom hit.

Your friend Fives, having been suffering from his boredom for only a few minutes, decided to make it your problem as well. He sprawled himself across your bed, whining and moping, hoping to drag your attention away from your datapad and to him.

"y/n," he cried out yet again.

"Fives, I swear-" you spoke, finally having had enough.

"Yes?" he asked happily, excited that at least some of your focus was on him.

You groaned, "Can you please just entertain yourself a little longer? Just until I can get this done?"

"Why don't you take a break? Then we can both do something."

"Fives."

"y/n," he replied in a similar tone to yours.

"Okay fine," you said, placing down your datapad. "What do you want to do?"

When he fell silent, you raised your brows, waiting for any response. His mouth opened and closed as he tried to form an idea until he ultimately hung his head in defeat.

"That's what I thought," you muttered, grabbing your datapad so you could get back to work.

"Wait! Wait! I just had an idea!"

Slowly you began placing down your datapad again, unsure if he was serious or not.

"Wanna help me pull a prank?"

~

"Mistletoe?" you questioned. "That's your big prank idea?"

After dragging you all the way to the barracks, Fives finally explained the prank he had been planning for the past few weeks.

He nodded eagerly, "Just imagine. We hang up a few of these and watch all the awkward encounters unfold."

You looked over the mistletoe in his hand skeptically.

"Think about what would happen if two Jedi were found under it, or two of my brothers," he smiled slyly.

"Or a certain Jedi Knight and Senator," you thought out loud as the mischievous gears in your brain began turning. "Alright, I'm in."

"Good! Now let's get to work."

The plan was simple. You and Fives would hang the mistletoe in areas known for heavy foot traffic. After any decided victim lands themselves under the mistletoe, either you or Fives would call out for the two to kiss. From there you'd get to watch the show unfold.

Your first stop was the mess hall, knowing troopers would be swarming the area soon. Making sure to arrive just before lunch was served, you and Fives got to work. He would keep lookout, while you found the perfect spot for the mistletoe.

Spotting a doorway that aligned perfectly with the table you usually sat at, you smiled.

Standing under the doorway you looked up and let out a groan, knowing very well you wouldn't be able to reach.

"Of course," you huffed to yourself as you looked for the nearest stool.

Dragging it across the floor you cringed at the loud noise and chose to pick it up instead. Placing it nicely under the door, you cautiously stood on top of it, using the doorway as support.