Chapter 10

~~~~~~~~~~

Previously...

~~~~~~~~~~

       I was on one side of the stadium and Boa was on the other, our match about to begin.

       This is going to be an interesting match, I thought to myself.
       Red Velvet Cake, my stomach replied.
       Shut up, I thought.
       With Vanilla Icing and a cherry on top, my stomach complained.

~~~~~~~~~~

PoV: Daigo Kuragami

       The battle between the (former) tutor and the student was about to start. The battle between Shu Kurenai and Boa Alcazaba was about to start.

       Did I seem over dramatic while saying that?

       Probably.

       Anyway, you get the point.

       "3! 2! 1! Let it RIP!"

       Both beys landed on the stadium perfectly. The two beys began clashing.

       Clash. Clash. Clash.

       Suddenly, Arc Balkesh came in with a strong attack. "Final Gaurd!" Spryzen was knocked out of the stadium.

       Sh - Red Eye (I'm still not used to calling him Red Eye, excuse me, but Shred Eye kinda fits him, I'm calling him that from now on) caught his bey in right before it could scratch his other eye.

       "How does it feel to be on the losing side?" Boa smirked.

       Shred Eye had enough.

       His eyes glew red before he shot a glare and a creepy smile at Boa. "Fear me. I will end you."

       Boa's eyes widened, a lot of people from the crowd flinched, and honestly, I myself was creeped out.

       "I'm afraid this isn't a friendly competition anymore, it's much darker than that," Raul murmured.

       "I'm gonna finish this..." Boa muttered.

       Shred Eye's smirk just grew wider.

       "Ready... Set! 3! 2! 1! Let it RIP!"

       "Balkash took the center and this time Requiem comes in with a counter-clockwise spin!" Hanami exclaimed through the microphone.

       "That won't make a difference!" Boa said.

       "So he still got the same ability we saw in the Snake Pit!" Hancho said from behind me.

       "Indeed," Roal started, "but I think you're only scratching there, kid."

       Requiem hit Balkash hard and did it again and again.

       Clash. Click. Clash. Click.

       "Requiem, NOW!" Shred Eye's resonance awakened, Spryzen behind his owner.

       "Balkash... Final Gaurd! Boa's own resonance awakened, Balkash behind him.

       "Requiem Whip!

       Requiem hit Balkash hard.

       Burst.

       "And Requiem with a burst finish!" Hanami exclaimed through the microphone. "Red Eye wins with a score of 2-1!"

       The crowd burst into cheers as Shred Eye's resonance died.

       I realised something different though . . . Shred Eye seemed to be horrified of what he had done. He took a quick turn and walked away.

       I got up and started following Shred Eye.

~~~~~~~~~~

       I knew he was in this room right in front of me, but why did I feel like I wasn't supposed to be looking in?

       He was the reason Valt had been so distant lately. He was the one that hurt people mentally. He was the one that broke beys. Then why was I feeling like none of this was his fault? Was he doing this for a reason?

       I sighed.

       One way to figure out.

       I walked into the room.

       There, I saw something I didn't expect.

       I found a small kid with spiky red hair and a half-sun painting on the bottom of his left eye. He wore a purple colored t-shirt, which had a white sun printed onto it, along with a red hoodie and blue shorts. He looked about five years old.

       His head was on Shu's lap, sleeping peacefully. His face was tinted red as if he'd been crying earlier. Shred Eye looked at me, he seemed as surprised as I was.

       "I-"

       "What-"

       "What are you-"

       "Who-"

       "Are you-"

       "How-"

        We both shut up and stared at each other.

        Then we lightly chuckled, which turned into laughter.

~~~~~~~~~~

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN
I GOT NOTHING TO SAY HERE
BUH-BYE, MOTHERDUCKERS

~~~~~~~~~~

Rounded off word count: 630