Chapter 9

~~~~~~~~~~

Previously...

~~~~~~~~~~

       The golden aura around Free got denser as his eyes glinted gold.

       Everything else was a blur.

       After some time, the sound of a bey bursting was heard.

       The bey that burst was Fafnir.

~~~~~~~~~~

PoV: Shu Kurenai/Red Eye

       Until I met the exploding statue, I thought I was prepared for anything.

       Another cosmic joke for Ashtem to laugh at, a part of my brain thought, Ha! You win a bunch of battles, scare a bunch of bladers, break a whole lot of beys, and you're not prepared for exploding statues!

       Shut up, I told the voice.

       Anyway, me, Hyuga and Hikaru were out in the park which was about a kilometer or two away from the Asahi house. Hyuga, being Hyuga, had wandered off into the woods, but Hikaru told me he always did that and came back unhurt so there was no issue.

       I was still kinda worried though since our conversations have been going something like this lately:

       Me: Hey, how's it going?
       Hyuga: Uh, no thanks.
       Me: Okay . . . have you eaten anything today?
       Hyuga: I think Hikaru is in the toilet. You can ask him.
       Me: So, my hair is on fire.
       Hyuga: Okay, in a while.

       Am I wrong to be worried?

       There was also this one mini statue that Hyuga gave Hikaru and told him it wasn't dangerous, but as soon as Hikaru touched it, its head exploded. Hikaru took more than a day to forgive Hyuga.

       Suddenly, Hyuga comes running out of the forest, with a tablet in his hand. (Where did he get it from? There was no way he could've found it in the forest.)

       "Shu-senpai! Hikaru! Check this out!" he said, thrusting the tablet towards us.

       "Hello, again boys and girls!" The voice of Hanami came blaring out.

       He went on talking about the International Bladers Cup, and then he started telling the competitors.

       "We have everyone's favorite star, Joshua Burns!"

       The crowd went wild. Guess I don't come under everyone, then. I prefer Zac.

       He started calling out other names:

       Ren Wu Sun (He'll be easy to beat)
       Lui Shirosagi (I'm definitely besting this bastard this time)
       Norman Tarver and Boa Alcazaba (Curse that old hag)
       Xander Shakadera (Insert tears of happiness)

       "Red Eye! Better known as Shu Kurenai!"

       Hyuga and Hikaru cheered as I gave them a genuine smile.

       Then he started announcing the members from BC Soal:
       Cuza Ackermann (More like Monkey Boy)
       Free De La Hoya (Obviously)
       Silas Karlise (Hyuga calls him Broccoli Boi, kinda fits though)
       Blind Wing/Valt Aoi (Yes, everyone else found out about Blind Wing being Valt, thanks to Daigo. No, I actually mean it, a genuine thanks to Daigo)

       "And also, we have someone else who a lot of you would already know about! We have our former World Champion, Kurt Baratier!

       The crowd went wild again.

       Well, this is gonna be fun.

       Then he started announcing the Groups:

       Match 1:

       Group A:

       Valt Aoi vs Kurt Baratier
       Shu Kurenai vs Boa Alcazaba
       Norman Tarver vs Cuza Ackermann

       Group B:

       Free De La Hoya vs Ren Wu Sun
       Lui Shirosagi vs Joshua Burns
       Xander Shakadera vs Silas Karlisle

~~~~~~~~~~

       So, the Bladers Cup starts today. Actually, the battle between Valt and Kurt was starting now. Like, right now.

       Valt and Kurt were on opposite sides of the stadium

       Valt looked like how he had in our last battle, except he didn't wear the blindfold, showing his dark, dull, hazel eyes.

       Kurts bey was Boom Khalzar. I'd read about it earlier. The motif is of the hurricane bird god, Kukulcan. A right-spin Attack Type God Layer in which as its lock progresses, the beak and tail blades are released and stretched, which increases the Attack power drastically.

       Valt didn't have Valkyrie, he had Serus Volturnus.

       What a surprise.

       Then the battle began.

       "3! 2! 1! Let it RIP!"

       Both beys landed perfectly on the stadium.

       Khalzar started speeding up on the red lines on the edges of the stadium, came rushing towards Volturnus, and knocked it off the stadium, straight to Valt, who didn't even look fazed and showed no emotion. He just caught it mid-air with his right hand. (Luckily, the bey didn't go too high. He's still short as heck.)

       Kurt, being the annoying and egoistic person he is, threw insults at Valt who just got into his launching stance, still showing no emotion. Was this how I used to be? Wait - That's how I am even now and-

       Nevermind.

       Then the next battle started.

       "3! 2! 1! Let it RIP!"

       Both beys landed on the stadium perfectly again, and before anyone could register anything, Volturnus attacked.

       "Finish this! Ultra Serus Launch!"

       Boom goes Khalzar. (Pun intended, get it?)

~~~~~~~~~~

       I was on one side of the stadium and Boa was on the other, our match about to begin.

       This is going to be an interesting match, I thought to myself.
       Red Velvet Cake, my stomach replied.
       Shut up, I thought.
       With Vanilla Icing and a cherry on top, my stomach complained.

~~~~~~~~~~

How was this chapter? Please do let me know! I love going through all your comments!
Till next time!
~Ash

~~~~~~~~~~

Rounded off word count: 860